Defender of Content Quality!
Serious Candidates Only! We’re looking for a content quality specialist for USA hours.
Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
Employee Type: Freelance, Part-Time, Full-Time Available
Support TEAM: YES! In-house marketing strategy, editors, designers, development and channel support.
Job Type: Marketing Client Services Team
Expertise required: 3+ years of copywriting and web writing required. Some editing background is a huge plus, preferably marketing copy.
Uhuru’s editors should be able to edit copy across a wide range of industries, working to make them flow and be easily digestible, as well as correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
First and foremost, the editor must be meticulous and red-line ready, capable of helping our copy editors make content sound engaging, while being grammatically correct. You must also have the ability to move easily between client voices.
We are not looking for newbies, to be completely honest and upfront about what the job will entail. You might call this role editor, but, it’s more about someone who knows the difference between a landing page and a blog than someone who can just spot a typo or someone who can stop “ bad writing” in its tracks before it goes to the client, and knows the seriousness of that.
Our editors review copy from many niches that include everything from tech, finance and IT to health and wellness. Some of the more common writing niches, in order of priority, that we have, include:
- SaaS & Software
- Human Resources
- Health & Wellness
- SEO/Digital Marketing
- Real Estate
- Sports & Fitness
- …and much more!
You’ll be quality reviewing a LOT of online content, in a variety: social media copy (with hashtags, emojis!), images for social media, to blogs and expert web pages. Knowing how to review for quality is key!
You should be able to edit all types of writing, such as:
- Long form blog posts
- Case studies
- Website copy
- Social media copy
- Direct Response Ad Copy
This position may also include writing social media copy (Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Facebook), and possibly blog posts and long-form content for some clients. You’ll be working on a directed review structure – Uhuru will provide all training material, and joining an active, dynamic team at Uhuru.
Yes, this awesome position will be remote. Location independence!
If you have experience working in the inbound or content marketing world, we’d love to talk to you!
** To apply, you must include your portfolio and/or samples of your recent work **
- Edit educational and promotional marketing content for a wide range of clients, with a focus on technology and professional services clients.
- Edit content to make it grammatically clean, as well as review all headlines, taglines, calls-to-action, blog posts, etc.
- Edit in multiple styles and for multiple formats as required by client style and prospect personas
- Review copy to ensure that it is search engine-optimized based off of strategically identified keywords
- Complete execution of all editing efforts to ensure delivery of client materials on schedule
- Adhere to Uhuru’s standards of creative quality and excellence
The Successful Uhuru Editor should be able to:
- Understand the client’s brand, tone, and industry style.
- Understand your client’s story and message.
The successful Editor candidate should possess the following key traits and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English or a related field
- 4-8 years’ experience editing
- Native to social media with expertise in editing for the web, including (but not limited to) websites, blog posts and emails
- Enthusiastic proponent of good writing standards and practices; keen awareness of appropriate tone and content of pieces
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to self-edit
Hopefully, our careers page gave you a sense of our team but here’s a bit more.
- We have a lot of fun and love what we do.
- Our motivation is honestly not about making a lot of money; rather it’s building something we’re proud of and having a significant impact on the companies we work with.
- We’re a group of people who value friendship and relationships and want to pursue future business ideas together. We’re a small team that is growing fast who trusts each other and loves working together.
- Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.