Website Altegra Health
Remote E/M Coding Specialist
Altegra Health leads the U.S. healthcare industry with business & technology solutions that improve health plan performance by aligning member health status, benefits & accurate reimbursement in the following areas:
Risk Adjustment, Reimbursement & Advisory Services, Eligibility & Enrollment Quality Performance
In an age where attention to detail counts–providers, health plans & healthcare facilities trust our 1,100+ employees for comprehensive solutions that add value to their bottom line.
Remote Professional Fee Coding Specialist:
This is a temporary remote position for experienced, certified professional coders with extensive knowledge of E/M service coding for multi-specialties, mult-specialty surgeries and reports to the Professional Coding Manager of Altegra Health’s Provider Coding & Audit Division.
- Reviewing patient medical records to assign appropriate levels for E/M services, minor procedures, modifiers and diagnosis for multi-specialties.
- Utilizing knowledge and exercising professional judgment regarding medical terminology, disease processes and pharmacology in the assignment of numeric codes under the applicable coding systems.
- Using the International Classification of Disease (10th Revision) Clinical Modification (“ICD-10-CM), Current Procedural Terminology (“CPT”), the Health Care Financing Administration Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and standards recognized under the National Correct Coding Initiative to assign correct codes.
- Provide detailed findings for each service reviewed on an excel spreadsheet or other customized report.
- Communicate with Manager on coding timeline task completion.
- Utilization of EMR’s to abstract documentation for coding.
- 3+ years of professional coding experience in multi-specialties with a strong coding background in E/M, CPT, Modifiers and ICD-10.
- ICD-10 coding certification highly preferred.
- ICD-coding experience highly preferred.
- Certification from AAPC or equivalent.
- Ability to accurately assign E/M codes in multiple settings including; outpatient office, inpatient, observation, Emergency Department and Urgent Care.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the following coding and documentation guidelines; 1995 and 1997 E/M Documentation Guidelines, Teaching Physician Guidelines, Global Surgical Package, Critical Care, Incident-To and Split/Shared Services.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experienced with CCI edits.
- Knowledge of federal and state guidelines on all coding systems and sponsored programs, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMRs).
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently performing highly complex and detailed coding.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Altegra Health is committed to building a highly diverse, best-in-class workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to attract and retain exceptional individuals regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other characteristic unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance.