Drupal Web Developer at Facing History and Ourselves
Drupal Web Developer
- Department: Technology
- Reports To: Associate Director, Web Development
- Location: US Home-Based Office
Facing History is seeking a Drupal Web Developer to join our growing Digital team and report to the Associate Director, Web Development. This mid-to-senior-level position will be vital in the operation, infrastructure, and development of Facing History’s digital properties, including the flagship facinghistory.org site. You will be the main developer on our large drupal site and digital experience platform. You will keep busy working on challenging projects, jumping on bug fixes, and maintaining superb documentation. You will be an important mentor to less experienced developers and other colleagues.
Who We Are:
We are a passionate, results-driven, and growing Digital team that partners closely with subject matter experts and content creators across the organization. Our team provides strategy, project management, production, and support for all of the organization’s digital platforms.
We are relentlessly committed to ensuring our users encounter digital experiences that are relevant, personalized, and impactful. We are flexible in our roles and have a team player approach. We serve the entire organization and work on projects ranging from marketing landing pages to custom fundraising solutions to innovative products for educators.
Our team is responsible for the stability and availability of all of our Digital platforms, (including the management of our partners and vendors), to ensure the best digital experiences. We govern all processes and procedures which deliver change to those platforms, with a view to minimizing incidents and operational risk while operating efficiently and responsively.
The digital team’s work is cross-functional in order to serve critical mission-driven needs. Our team prides itself in deeply understanding and caring about our user, and our impact, and in not losing sight of either when we build and maintain technology solutions. Our main site uses Drupal; we also use a wide range of tools for reporting and marketing, and to support our user-facing digital products, community events, and online courses.
Who You Are:
You are curious and hands-on—always ready to dive into a problem, help out in troubleshooting, or jump into the code. You love writing code, but never forget the interests of the end user and overall site performance. You are passionate about building accessible dynamic interfaces and are driven by understanding and serving the user. You deeply care about our mission and are interested in working in a nonprofit environment. You have strong communication skills that facilitate productive partnerships with technical and non-technical colleagues. You are team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. You are a lifelong learner, seeking to develop in this role, and on our team. You are comfortable jumping in and learning, mentoring others, and asking questions of your peers and supervisor.
- Build, test and deploy feature additions for existing Drupal sites with a strong eye for detail, test performance, and accessibility
- Research and evaluate solutions and related technologies that meet project requirements, improve existing features, and anticipate future needs.
- Co-develop with external consultants and our growing internal dev team on feature enhancements and updates to our platforms
- Write and maintain clean, well-documented code. Review others’ code and mentor team members on development best practices.
- Work on bug fixes.
- Monitor and improve the technical performance of internal systems.
Testing, Troubleshooting, & Documentation
- Provide technical development and analysis across all projects
- Manage testing tasks and procedures and document issues
- Document, troubleshoot, and resolve issues reported by end-users
Stakeholder Management and Discovery
- Participate in discovery conversations with stakeholders. Present and discuss solutions, receive feedback, and iterate.
- Document user acceptance testing steps for stakeholders and proactively follow-up with stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and building web applications and solutions.
- Demonstrable excellence producing technical solutions at a high level, on larger/complex sites or products, for at least 2 years. Please show us your repo and/or portfolio.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!