Director, Revenue Accounting at Ivanti
Director, Revenue Accounting
- US, Remote
Join our team!
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions, and is experiencing significant growth worldwide. The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work. With open positions around the globe, it is an exciting time to join Ivanti!
Competitive salary and benefits and flexible hours. Ivanti is a great place to work. If you are passionate about what you do and are interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you!
The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of worldwide revenue by providing technical expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The Director of Revenue Accounting will perform regular analysis and audit of revenue transactions to ensure accuracy and proper revenue recognition in compliance with ASC 606 and the company’s policies and procedures. This person will analyze completed revenue transactions and verify compliance with contractual terms, fee schedules, or other formal agreements. Additionally, this person will build and maintain cross functional relationships with Sales, Legal, Operations, IT, and Product Management, to ensure that Company policies and procedures are followed in all areas impacting the Company’s revenue streams, including software licensing, maintenance, SaaS, and services revenues. It is expected that this person will be an active participant in the Deal Desk function, as well as the Pricing Committee. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Lead Global Revenue Accounting team responsible for Revenue Recognition, Royalty, and Rebate accounting
- Evaluation of the revenue accounting for current and contemplated contractual arrangements under ASC 606
- Development and monitoring of accounting policy matters impacting revenue recognition
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements impacting revenue to determine impact on the Company and, when applicable, assist with the implementation of new standards
- Work closely with members of Accounting, Legal, FP&A, Sales, Operations, Product Management, IT, etc.
- Participate in Deal Desk activities, including review and approval of complex pricing and contract structures
- Participate in Pricing Committee, including new product pricing, as well as performance obligation (POB) determination
- Develop and implement improved business processes and control activities to ensure timely internal and external revenue reporting
- Develop and administer training on revenue recognition and the Company’s revenue policies on a recurring basis
- Assist IT in the testing and deployment of applications that impact revenue recognition
- Administer and streamline use of SAP, Revstream and other information systems for revenue transactions
- Assist in compliance with other external statutory reporting requirements
- Review periodic fair value studies (Standalone Selling Price)
- Lead revenue-related audit activities
- Review account reconciliations of deferred revenue accounts
- Ad hoc special projects
- 8+ years professional experience in accounting/finance with a software company
- 7+ years of software revenue recognition experience
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience with strategic road-mapping workflows and process improvement in the area of revenue recognition
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills; process oriented.
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel)
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent time management, decision making and organization skills
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Superior problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and SAP
- Ability to manage programs and processes globally
- Ability to communicate across various functional groups within an organization, globally
- Must be able to accurately compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Bachelors in Accounting
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!