Director of Registrar Services at Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
Director of Registrar Services
Remote/Home Based or IL
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.escoffier.edu
The Director of Registrar Services is responsible for providing leadership to plan, organize and manage all of the activities related to the Records and Registration Department, including serving as the official keeper of the School’s student records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and administer the records, registration and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations in order to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow
- Lead initiatives as determined by the Chief Academic Officer
- Create and maintain best practices, policies and procedures that ensure efficient operations and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with the Lead Instructors and Executive Chefs to execute the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduates
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, and associated audits. Maintain the accuracy, integrity, privacy and security of all academic records.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services offered through Registration and Records
- Problem solve the research, analysis and resolution of student disputes as they relate to records and registration
- Collaborate with administrators, faculty leaders, faculty and IT to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions.
- Apply academic policies and follow procedures necessary for compliance with federal, state and regulatory organizations.
- Manage course changes including room changes, special event scheduling, or cancellations in the student information system and the learning management system.
- Produce transcript processing for special requests or for records that are outside of the student information system
- Produce any non-electronic records as requested by FERPA or other official request
- Provide enrollment verifications to external agencies as requested
- Manage course registration for off-sequence students, LOA returns, and reenters/reenrolls
- Manage the attendance posting process – manual adjustments and tracking down unposted attendance
- Manage grade changes and grade processing
- Confirm course schedule with academic leadership
- Initiate status changes for the following areas: Campus Withdrawals, Return from LOA, and Reenters, Cancels, SAP Dismissals
- Initiate Program Transfer paperwork and scan appropriately
- Perform address changes and enter additional demographic changes in CVue
- Provide excellent customer service
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a registrar’s office, services, educational administration or a related area.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Records and Registration services.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional
- Prior experience with managing a distance learning population
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time-Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
- Ethics: Has personal and professional ethics and fosters a diverse and respectful workplace.
- Ability to interact with staff and external relationships in a professional manner, including a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.)
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business equipment. Siting for a long period of time; up to 8 hours of computer and/or phone work daily.
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that this position can work remote from anywhere in the US or from the office in Schaumburg, IL
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!