Director of Product Marketing at Ellevation Education
Director of Product Marketing
- BOSTON, MA OR REMOTE
- FULL TIME
As Director of Product Marketing you will lead the team responsible for the positioning, messaging and launch strategy for new Ellevation products and features. This includes Ellevation’s industry-leading data and instructional planning platform as well as our teacher capacity building and academic language products.
This is a highly cross-functional role in which you’ll get to work closely with the product team, marketing, sales, product education and partner success. To be successful, you’re experienced at harnessing disparate motivations to achieve a shared goal. You are as skilled at developing and executing go-to-market launch plans as you are at driving fidelity of use to ensure customers realize the value of Ellevation on an on-going basis.
Within 1 month you will:
- Learn about our 3 core products, the key value propositions and differentiating characteristics of each, and their respective near term release plan. Build relationships with key collaborators, laying a foundation for your work together.
Within 3 months you will:
- Immerse yourself in the release process and the release plans of our 3 core products.
- Establish yourself as the lead and go-to person for all Ellevation Platform releases. Begin to manage partner and internal stakeholder communications independently.
- Developed a solid rapport and working relationship with your one direct report.
Within 6 months you will:
- Be actively collaborating with Product Management, Sales and Customer Success in representing the voice of the customer and translating customer feedback into actionable insights, programs, potential product features, etc.
- Suggesting ideas for enhancing/changing our go-to-market release process with best practices based on prior experience. Developed programs/resources that have demonstrated to positively impact activation, adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage communication patterns and relationships across teams to tackle challenges as they arise.
Within 12 months you will:
- Raise the expectations of the value product marketing can bring to our process of releasing products and producing materials that drive demand and usage
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the wants and needs of our various user types (district administrators, EL specialists, classroom teachers, students) and how our products are used to improve their lives
- Strategic – you always let the goals drive your strategy, activities and deliverables
- Influential – You have experience managing others and are able to lead without authority, inspiring others with ideas and smart thinking
- Customer focused – you are fascinated by our customer base and motivated by their success.
- Collaborative – you’re energized by projects that require you to work collaboratively toward a goal and leverage your written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident – you’re a B2B Product Marketer with 5 years of experience managing product launches, and producing marketing materials that drive demand.
- Player-coach – you’re looking for a player-coach style role that still allows you to jump in and execute.
- Skilled storyteller – you’re able to develop a compelling, differentiated and memorable narrative for any product, and coach others to do the same
- Analytical – you can interpret usage data and market research to find interesting audience insights, guide decision-making and to support compelling storytelling
- Experimental & Curious – We love to test ideas, learn quickly, fail fast, and iterate. You pursue this with excitement, and expect to share learnings, insight, and results – both positive and negative.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston – a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!