Director of Payroll at Omnipresent Group
Director of Payroll – Fully Remote – Work From Anywhere!
Remote – Austin, Texas, Americas
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Omnipresent is a global employment services provider, that hires employees on behalf of our clients (we call them “Client Employees”). As part of the service, we provide HR operations & consulting support to our Client Employees, all enabled through our smart tech platform. Your role would be to lead HR Operations for our Client Employees. You will be tasked with taking the lead in building this structure and collaborating with our legal, finance and other teams to ensure compliance and success for our Client Employees. You will drive the Client Employee journey from their first day of employment to their offboarding and everything in-between. We are a Series B stage rapidly growing start up, and still in the process of developing how best to support our Client Employees during their journey, we need someone who will thrive in this environment.The details of the job will look like this:
- Lead and manage the HR Operations team to ensure team impact and effectiveness in a global and remote environment
- Drives collaboration on the development of International HR activities, policies, processes, strategy and annual HR strategy.
- Invest in developing a high performance team, through coaching and mentoring and other tools.
- Manage team objectives, schedules, admin/ops tasks, and other items as directed by leadership.
- Organize the team to provide regular HR training to relevant Units within Omnipresent, and to capitalize on benefits from knowledge transfer.
- Cooperate with Support and Service functions (in Customer Success and Benefits) in putting in place the organizational structure, processes and systems to permit first-line resolution, second-line support, etc. This will include on-going efforts to expand team knowledge in order to permit more centralized processing and automation.
- Build processes for adhering to regulations, and managing and maintaining our in-market service level expectations with regards to capabilities, response times and quality.
- Work closely with other departments to provide subject matter expertise, including feedback from client employees to provide insights and drive improvements of our product and customer processes. This feedback will help evolve the HR Operations function towards technology, automation, and self-serve features.
- Work closely with our internal People team to jointly determine areas of collaboration to ensure alignment on HR processes and avoid duplication of effort.
- Manage the employee lifecycle for our Client Employees’ from the point at which onboarding is completed to the Client Employees’ successful offboarding. This will include all compliance related activities. Build the HR Operations team to become self-sufficient in executing these tasks.
- Manage and run relevant/mandatory programmes and interactions for our Client Employees, such as engagement surveys, one-on-one interactions, etc.
- Identify the needs of our groups of Client Employees and develop data-driven improvement plans for how to best support them.
- Build and implement Standard Operating Procedures for items such as leave and time tracking, etc. Work with Product and Engineering teams in order to automate such tasks. Support product development with processes that create and manage Client Employee related forms, documentation and material (easy access, appropriate structure, secure, etc.)
- Understand, govern, and leverage local regulation to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Remain up to date on local and regional HR regulations and requirements
- Support audits and due diligence activities, as relates to our Client Employees
- Identify and contract local providers for mandatory services
- Act as a member of the Operations leadership team and work on joint projects across disciplines.
You’ve done some of these things…
- +5 years of experience in HR fields with management experience (ideally in a dispersed organisation) for a minimum of two years.
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of countries and HR situations.
- Have a good understanding of GDPR and experience applying data privacy and protection legislation as it relates to HR
- Built and delivered on KPIs and understands how to scale teams efficiently and effectively
- Built and managed documentation to speed up resolution and minimize the effort required to solve daily queries.
- Managed complex HR situations and been able to counsel HR managers on appropriate practice.
- Experience working with technology and product teams would be beneficial, but not essential
You are the sort of person that…
- Can coach mid to entry level HR Operations generalists across the globe in a remote fashion.
- Be an authentic and humble leader.
- Has excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Loves to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes, identifying and using modern (online) solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation, replacing manual human interaction wherever possible
- Is self-driven problem solver, who always put the team before themselves
- Has a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, actively tries to reduce their complexity or automise processes.
- Actively lives our values and strives to help others to behave in line with them as well
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We’ll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.