Director of Finance and Operations at Challenge Success
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
The Director of Finance and Operations is an integral member of the leadership team and will report directly to the Executive Director. He/she will be primarily tasked with implementing the daily operations of the organization in accordance with its annual goals and long term strategies.
This is a part-time (60% or 3 days per week) position with the potential to grow to full-time as the organization continues to expand. It offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to work remotely for an organization that values equity, collaboration, and student voice. Challenge Success is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and identities and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
- Review out-going program invoices for clarity and consistency and monitor related receivables.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements are reviewed on a timely basis and that all revenue and expense items are correctly categorized.
- Produce quarterly summary board reports in an easy to read, visually appealing format.
- Manage the annual report financials, tax return, and audit preparation processes.
- Review bi-monthly employee reimbursement submissions and general expenses to ensure each is in accordance with employee handbook and expense reimbursement guidelines.
- Manage monthly payables and other ongoing obligations.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll, including system updates and reporting.
- Act as point person and negotiate key contracts with insurance carriers and other entities.
- Establish policies and systems that promote organizational culture and vision.
- Manage all aspects of the personnel hiring process in collaboration with the hiring manager(s).
- Develop a clear and consistent organizational-wide support and evaluation process.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with state-mandated professional development and training.
- Administer and monitor employee benefits, and liaise with applicable benefits providers.
- Annually review market comparables against staff compensation structure.
- Coordinate agendas and related needs for staff meetings, staff retreats, and board meetings.
- Perform regular analyses with and for the program and administrative teams in support of operational goals and new initiatives.
- Engage in a comprehensive review of current systems (e.g. Salesforce, Monday, Slack, Google Docs) and processes with an eye toward making recommendations for consolidation and efficiencies.
- Provide and implement recommendations for system improvements in support of rapid and continued organizational growth.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in G Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Experience with payroll, benefits, and other human resource administration.
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical thinking skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Can work both independently and collaboratively, with a can-do attitude.
- Experience working in a school and/or non-profit environment(s) a plus.
- Mission-driven with a deep commitment to improving student well-being and engagement with learning through school change.
- Commitment to DEI and culturally competent practices.
- Commitment to an internal culture of professional learning.
- Flexible, organized, collaborative, and responsive in a remote working environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an eagerness to turn obstacles into strategic opportunities and wrestle with tough questions.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and at or above the 90th percentile of compensation as compared to Northern California Fair Pay for Non-Profits.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!