Director of Data Services at Globalme Localization
Director of Data Services
The ideal candidate for this position is based in Canada or United States with experience in data collection (ex. data annotation, audio/speech & image collection)
- Are you looking for a work environment with a team of fun, creative and passionate people who love their jobs and enjoy autonomy in the workplace?
- Globalme is a language and technology company; featured for the fifth year in a row in Business in Vancouver’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC.
- We offer localization services for websites, mobile apps, and software, and provide a full set of services around the development of wearable technologies. In particular, speech data collection, functional testing, usability testing, user trials, semantic analysis and more, in North America and around the world.
- We also provide managed services to some of the exciting clients in the tech and sports industries.
- If you are a natural leader with experience in the data services industry and someone who is known as resourceful and for getting things done, you may be the Data Services Director we’re looking for!
- In collaboration with leadership, set the strategic direction and vision for the data services team
- Develop and empower high-performing teams including, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and continually driving performance development initiatives
- Lead and identify process improvements, innovation, efficiencies, ensuring your team consistently exceed delivery standards and delivers high-quality output
- Work with Product Management and Operations to set the direction and growth strategy for Globalme’s data collection platform
- Ensure Product, Sales and Operational teams are realizing synergies and cross-collaboration between teams
- Join/lead client and sales calls where needed
- Monitor and report on team finances, performance and track KPIs
- Maintain intelligence on competitor and market trends
- Additional tasks as required based on the evolution of this role
- Work with management on setting and executing on data services strategy
- Provide reports and updates to management
- Build and control departmental budget
- Have some experience in the data services industry preferred
- Have a minimum of 8 yearsof professional experience, ideally through a combination of roles/responsibilities (operations, project/product management, sales etc.)
- Score high on emotional intelligence – you clearly understand what it means to be a good leader and implement best practices to make the best out of your team.
- Are customer-focused – you have great personal skills and the ability to create strong relationships.
- Are experienced in working in different company sizes – you have at least 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced growing company where changing priorities are norms.
- Are strategic – you are able to recognize opportunities with long term benefits.
- Are a person who doesn’t mind doing hands-on work – if we lack resources, you jump in and fill the gaps.
- Are a good communicator in written and spoken English – you are able to clearly and logically present your ideas.
- Are experienced as a team manager/lead – you have at least three years of experience managing teams, have a good understanding of the importance of team dynamics, effective evaluations, and ideally talent development.
- Are a born leader – you have strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Are a problem-solver – you are able to foresee potential problems ahead of time You figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. “Let me figure this out” is a sentence you use often.
- Are focused on quality work – you pay attention to details and can’t stand sloppy work.
- Are able to make logical decisions in ambiguous environments.
- Are interested in continuous learning and identifying new technologies and new tools.
- Are able to focus on process improvements by documenting best practices.
- Are open to receiving feedback — you realize giving and receiving feedback is the most important aspect of self-improvement.
- Are solution-focused — you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn’t work.
- Are positive — you have a “nothing is impossible” attitude. You believe that anything can be done.
- Are a self-starter — you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don’t sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!