Director of Cyber Security at Pole To Win
Director of Cyber Security
Role: Director, Cybersecurity
Contract: Full-time, permanent
The Director, Cyber Security will lead on the further enhancement of PTW’s Cyber Security strategy and will have the overall accountability for directing all governance, oversight and support activities that relate to PTW’s Cyber Security posture globally. You will proactively develop and maintain cyber security programmes to ensure that all cyber assets (including global Infrastructure and assets) are adequately protected by IT Security.
As the Director, Cyber Security, you’ll align PTW’s protective measures with all relevant national and international regulations and Corporate Security policies and will champion best practices in the protection of physical and electronic information, in support of data privacy. You’ll provide strategic oversight of cyber security processes, policies and procedures by planning and organising the necessary resources and initiatives to develop PTW’s cyber security program across the company, thereby, mitigating or negating PTW exposure to cyber risks, threats or incidents.
You will provide strategic leadership of our cyber strategy, operating model, and policy framework, while providing advice and support to the PTW’s C-Level / senior management team, advising on cyber security strategy and risks. Maintaining a view of security compliance with relevant regulation and legislations, ensure and promote the on-going cyber education and awareness programme across PTW’s family of brands, fostering a cyber-aware culture amongst staff and suppliers and maintain a response capability ensuring robust procedures and framework are practiced.
We are looking for a candidate who can champion cyber security best practices, encourage innovation through continuous improvement, build relationships with security and business colleagues to create a broad understanding of business challenges which could be impacted by malicious cyber actors. You will liaise with other leaders, across other PTW subsidiaries to facilitate information sharing and global alignment of strategy. Leading on a strategy to be implemented globally, will be part of a Global Cyber Security strategy mainly related to standardization of policies and global cyber security awareness initiatives as per our global cyber security model.
What you’ll bring
As a subject matter expert in IT Security Operations and Strategies, you’ll have gained significant experience in a similar environment, ideally in a global organisation. You’ll have extensive experience of leading a cyber security function in an organisation of similar scope and scale to PTW with a proven track record of delivering security strategies and programmes. Experienced in communicating cyber security issues and programmes at executive level and demonstrable technical knowledge, experience, and the credibility to support engagement with technical teams.
Being results driven with experience of continuous improvement methodologies, and ideally, you’ll have previous supplier management experience. Of course you will an expert in legislation, underpinned by relevant industry qualifications and have developed excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex issues, recommend solutions and distil technical information to non-technical audiences at all levels.
This role is ideal for a senior and strong candidate with a strategic background in managing cyber security global systems and teams in different countries and time zones.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as a thought leader, solution visionary and technology expert in the realm of Cyber Security, particularly with extensive experience of protecting external social media platforms.
- Serve as the primary interface on governance, privacy & compliance, and data security management teams to ensure our system consistently meets the requirements for PTW Cyber Security needs.
- Responsible to setting and approving the strategy and direction of the Security Technology suite.
- Lead engineering efforts associated with security deployments, upgrades, and modifications
- An active member of the design & build teams for security products and services focusing on industryleading configuration within your domain expertise
- Assess existing security technology implementations, identifying security issues, and prioritizing fixes
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of deployments and improvements, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customers to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime
- Ensuring timely customer service practices are implemented and maintained throughout your team
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information.
- Experience as an Head of Cyber Security, Senior Manager, Cyber Security, or similar.
- Strong familiarity with modern risk management practices in Social media cyber security and how risks should be managed to achieve good outcomes
- Comeing from a gaming and or tech/social media industry would be highly advantageous.
- Set-up and run operational security functions in a global organisation preferred.
- Has experience and in-depth understanding of Information Security Consulting (i.e. business impact assessments, risk assessments, and working with change functions).
- Has worked with outsourced providers / insourced providers to establish security processes and ways of working.
- Has hands on experience of operational security processes.
- Has developed and run threat models and threat profiles.
- Good experience on: DLP, SIEM, Cloud Security, DevSec,
- Technology, or other related discipline with proven related professional experience.
- Proven experience as a Security Manager/Leader supporting operations and deployments, globally preferred.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge and communicate technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Privacy & Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with applicable criteria
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention, Cloud Security Broker, and Web Proxy solution a must
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Familiar with high-availability (HA), disaster recovery, and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
What we offer
- Highly Attractive Salary
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture
- Group pension scheme and death in service benefit