Director of Content and Communications at Loom
Director of Content and Communications
- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE US
- LOOM TEAM – MARKETING
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom seeks a Director of Content and Communications to help tell our story to the world. We believe in the promise of modern work, effective communication, and that the future of work is bright. The Loom product is a delight to use, and the use cases are endless. The Director of Content and Communications will manage Story Creation, Global PR, Internal Comms, and Social Media – working to craft and amplify user stories of how Loom improves lives for the individual and the businesses they work in.
- Create storylines and thought leadership content in various mediums (print, voice, video) for pitching to media and/or on owned channels, securing a leadership position in share of voice
- Position Loom as a leader in the future of work to media, key influencers, and external stakeholders
- Build executive profiles and individual brands, aligned to Loom’s share of voice strategy
- Build and manage a team of writers, social media strategists and comms creators who are goaled on traffic + product sign-ups
- Amplify Loom’s employer brand to help attract the best talent
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in communications, content, and social media
- Proven track record of ability to influence a company narrative to the public
- Depth in story creation across the new media landscape, including video and social media channels.
- Experience and network in hiring contract writers and creators
- PR agency and in-house communications experience
- Creative, out of the box thinker with a strong writing background
- Experience managing teams of communications, social, and content experts
- Excitement and optimism for modern work, and how companies like Loom will drive work experiences of the future.
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there’s a place for sync time – often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you’re able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it’s watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it’s through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We’re also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellness reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!