Director of Community Support and Loyalty at Hopper
Director of Community Support & Loyalty
- GROWTH – CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TICKETING
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
We’re looking for a Director of Community Support & Loyalty to own Hopper’s Customer Service experience on Facebook, Twitter and other social and consumer review platforms as well as spearhead customer service operations for Hopper’s nascent loyalty program: Carrot Cash.
This role is responsible for delivering world-class highly customer-centric support and services through operational excellence and technical product solutions. The focus of the Director of Community Support & Loyalty will be to listen to, engage with and give value to Hopper customers across key public platforms, as well as collaborate closely with revenue leaders and service delivery leaders to drive continuous improvement in social media community engagement and automated servicing features.
Acting as the utmost subject matter expert and authority on customer service for the business unit, this role will run the daily operations of the business unit’s customer contact center responsible for social media moderation, community engagement and loyalty. Lastly, the Director of Community Support & Loyalty will work as a coordination layer with the broader Customer Service organization within the business unit to evaluate and manage team performance and quality, implement new processes and features and support the launch of new lines of businesses.
The key domains of the role can be broken down into two distinct areas:
Community support and contact center management:
- Social media and community engagement. Act only with the customer’s best interest in mind as the utmost stakeholder for escalated social media and public relations requests related to customer service.
- Build a culture of performance management. Hold the in-house and outsourced Growth customer service teams to high standards through the implementation of agent performance management using customer service and community engagement SLAs as the north star.
- Maintain cultural alignment. The director of community support and loyalty must ensure that there is cultural alignment between the customer-facing team outside the business unit and the organization at large.
- Define brand voice guidelines and SOPs for community engagement. Write and develop new standard operating procedures and brand voice guidelines that can be used by the business unit and elsewhere inside the organization to further advance community support and loyalty.
- Act as the coordination layer. Horizontally between verticals within the business unit to ensure that the groups are productive and working towards shared objectives. Also, with the leaders of other business units and especially with the support-led Platform business unit to ensure that company-wide technology outcomes, workforce management, learning, quality and operational best practices are being leveraged for the best possible outcomes for customers.
Service journey design and product innovation
- Design the service journey in long form. See around the corner to create compelling customer service outcomes 12+ months down the line by taking into account Hopper’s growth, product roadmap and top line customer service KPIs.
- Lead customer service product innovation. Uncover new areas of opportunity for community engagement and loyalty, such as dedicated social media channels for support and self-serve automation. Support your findings by writing business cases and narratives, mobilizing and executing operational opportunities quickly.
- Participate in product development. Product development starts long before engineering. Ask questions, provide data-backed feedback on ideas, business cases and non-technical documentation at each stage of the process for the teams to negotiate features and requirements that impact community engagement and loyalty at every step in the product development lifecycle.
- Understand the product and educate. Learn and thoroughly understand what has been built by Growth in order to create clear standard operating procedures for training and knowledge transfer for the rest of the service organization.
A Perfect Candidate Has
- Demonstrable experience working in a community management or customer service operational leadership role, preferably in SaaS and/or Travel.
- At least two years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets; previous experience managing a distributed team is crucial.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes especially in social media moderation, marketing and community engagement
- Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!