Director of Ad Operations (Remote)
Product+Revenue Los Angeles, California
THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
What makes us different
- We run one of the top 20 mobile websites in the USA, according to Quantcast (22words.com)
- Fully remote, we measure what matters and prioritize RESULTS over where you work
- #beatyesterday is our mantra we optimize incrementally so we’re always beating our own records
- We’re scrappy doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems
- Titles don’t matter. Results and drive do. Everyone is a chief problem solver at Brainjolt
- Bureaucracy is bulls&*t. We don’t like red tape. We prefer to work biased to action, led by data
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we enjoy playing the game and being on the journey
THE OPPORTUNITY: DIRECTOR OF AD OPERATIONS
Brainjolt is looking for a Director of Ad Operations. If you’ve owned a programmatic ad stack for a publisher, and driven measurable results, we want to chat with you. You’re going to own the revenue stream – end to end. A to Z. We want you to dream up the most interesting system – and manage revenue for one of the biggest websites in the world – from anywhere that suits your fancy. On a beach in Thailand? In Portuguese wine country? We are 100% about results, which is why this role is 100% remote. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work, with a supportive team, in a way that fits your daily life. Don’t like bureaucracy? Neither do we. The best idea wins. And you’re the idea machine. Let’s build something amazing together!
- Drive revenue higher for site monetization. Simple as that, use the data to follow the $ and grow it.
- Manage the day-to-day requirements related to Ad Operations, Reporting and Yield Optimization efforts.
- Oversee the daily revenue reporting requirements as it relates to Brainjolt’s revenue and performance requirements.
- Supporting existing/new relationships and engaging demand-side vendors to expand revenue streams.
- Helping manage relationships with revenue partners and implementing direct campaigns while addressing day to day needs of our audience targeting operation.
- Assist in optimizing and increasing programmatic opportunities and improve revenue performance.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with demand-side partners.
- Identifying and evaluating the right partners to help activate data assets in the display, video and mobile exchanges via a deep understanding of our data.
- Analyzing valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc.
- Maximizing onsite yield management through various monetization opportunities.
- Manage channel conflict and optimize performance for best risk/reward scenarios.
- On-going analysis of new digital advertising technologies and evolution of the programmatic platform, making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Trafficking and reporting of campaigns (scheduling & delivery, fill, revenue and analysis).
- Support all revenue reporting across revenue stack.
- Reports to the VP of Product.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of programmatic experience building/evolving the programmatic platform and managing monetization across multiple programmatic channels at a digital publisher.
- Measurable success developing programmatic strategies and managing strategic partnerships.
- Knowledge of data management technologies and third-party data sources and platforms.
- Familiar with DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, Ad Networks, Ad-Server (specifically DFP).
- Strong foundation in Excel/data modeling with experience in aggregating 1st and 3rd party data
- Proven track record of meeting revenue goals and supporting new business with third-party vendors, trading desks, and DSPs.
- Foundational experience with Header Bidding strategies and ad stack technologies.
- Desire to continually develop and discover new opportunities in the ever-changing programmatic ecosystem.
- A love of working in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter with a results + growth-driven mindset.
- OWNERSHIP: You’re in charge of the roadmap, strategy, and how we execute (with the support of a team) — what exciting things are we going to build? Where are we going? You’ll be telling us.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Deliver key insights to the entire Brainjolt team in an effort to educate and enhance the entire company on opportunities for optimization and overall improvement.
- MITIGATE RISKS: Constantly monitor performance to eliminate any/all issues that negatively impact Brainjolt’s revenue and overall performance.
- DATA INTEGRITY & KNOWLEDGE: Expert attention to detail and knowledge as it relates to Brainjolt’s revenue and performance data with a keen ability to deliver key insights and recommendations to ensure trust is constantly maintained with all internal stakeholders.
- REPORTING: Primary responsibility around revenue and performance reporting to ensure accurate data is provided daily either through automation or manual pulling of data.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k with matching
- Globe Trotters (pay to travel) Program
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- Parental Leave
- And more