Director, IT Operations and Infrastructure
Location: Distributed, US
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
To support our continued growth we’re looking for a Director to lead our global IT Operations and Infrastructure team. This is a distributed role which can be located anywhere in the USA.
What You Will Be Doing:
This Director will craft the strategy, planning, design, delivery and operational management of all aspects of IT Operations and Infrastructure. Reporting to the Global VP of IT, you will build upon your leadership, knowledge and experience to deliver high-quality execution, customer-focused delivery, and operational excellence necessary to sustain this dynamic, growing business.
Specifically, you will:
- Create strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of processes and systems that fulfill the needs of the business in alignment with our distributed by design model
- Implement policies, processes, procedures, automation and controls to consistently deliver high-quality service in a cost-effective manner
- Build and develop a global, flexible, proactive, high-impact team
- Plan and prioritize initiatives and drive the evaluation, deployment, and management of forward-looking infrastructure solutions to deliver automated, scalable, and reliable outcomes
- Design and implement necessary security, SOC, SOX and IT policies and controls
- Define and direct global help desk processes, systems, operations, and delivery using metrics, actionable trending, and critical metrics
- Develop and maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels, improving value over cost ratio
What You Bring Along:
- You have 10+ years of IT Ops and Infrastructure experience with 5+ years running global, cloud-first Ops/Infrastructure. On-premise managers need not apply.
- You have both implemented and maintained a cloud-first application and infrastructure environment ideally at a larger scale organization than Elastic is today (~1600 employees).
In addition, you have/are:
- Confirmed operational experience effectively evaluating, crafting, implementing and running 24×7 services (e.g. audio/web/video-conferencing, VOIP, network, server, helpdesk, laptop management) and associated vendors for a global IT infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of architecture, design, implementation, and operations using cloud first solutions (e.g. OKTA, GitHub, Zoom, GSuite, Slack, JAMF)
- Strong passion for user experience and delivering beyond the status quo
- Experience developing talent and leading global and remote teams
- Critical and structured thinking as well as executive-level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies and plans
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical designs and operational controls is desired
- Experience with ITIL services and infrastructure processes and integrating them into an effective global operation
- Highly collaborative and accountable
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads).
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off.
- An environment in which you can balance satisfying work with a great life.
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages.