Director, Information and Technology Services
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for a Director of IT Consulting Services and Training to join our Enterprise Application team in the US. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for our IT delivery directly supporting the Red Hat Consulting Services and Red Hat Training business areas. You will help define and evolve related strategies and objectives, and oversee and lead the implementation of enterprise-wide solutions that align with the resulting plans. Your primary responsibility will be to understand key business objectives and technology needs for our services team. You will partner with both training and consulting stakeholders to ensure that the proposed solutions not only align with the company’s overall objectives, but ensure that they are delivered and meet the desired outcomes. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Integrate business and technology solutions to help achieve business outcomes for the consulting services and training areas of the Red Hat business
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders on defining future-state business and technology roadmaps that take into account the future business goals and competing priorities
- Consult with business leaders and key stakeholders to facilitate and guide business outcomes related to strategy, objectives, financial analysis, business value, and ROI
- Manage supporting organizations responsibility for application delivery and LMS
- Establish and maintain beneficial working relationships with individuals in multiple areas within the Red Hat Training organization, as well as other business organizations (including VPs, Directors, Managers, and team points of contact)
- Creative-thinking and adaptive mindset
- Experience defining and maintaining strategies and business and technical roadmaps
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills; ability to focus discussions and guide decisions
- Solid problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to apply past experience to figure out and understand where and how a change may negatively affect another area of the business
- Solid technical acumen for modern consulting and training platforms and processes
- Solution implementation with a focus on the digital needs for consulting and training lines of business
- Record of success in optimizing, transforming and innovating business capabilities related to consulting and training through digital solutions
- Experience with the open source principles and communities
- Experience with the principles of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple executive stakeholders and align complex technical roadmaps
- Motivated and requiring minimal direct supervision
- 10+ years of experience in consulting services related roles is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.