Title: Director Finance – Remote Opportunity
Location: United States
Job Type: FULL-TIME
Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. Provides status of financial condition of the company and/or SBU by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks. Arranges for audits as required and appropriate. Manages budget and controls expenses effectively. Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of care, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Creates pipeline facilitates the prioritization and qualification of financially-viable opportunities.
- Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Supports underwriting efforts and financial aspects of proposals for RFPs.
- Supports SBU leader in oversight and management of the financial affairs for all state contracts. Provides market analysis; builds knowledge of various programs/models, state prioritization tiers, etc.
- Oversees Magellans management of the annual independent audits, ensuring that the final independent audit reports are in compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and approve all contracts and other documents that financially impact the SBU.
- Monitors performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversees and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and modeling tools.
- Financial reporting as required.
- Improves performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supports senior management, department heads and business units with in-depth analysis. Prepares analysis and presentations supporting SBUs and leadership as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested by management team.
General Job Information
Director Finance Remote Opportunity
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Bachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications Preferred
CPA Certified Public Accountant Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 8 years of healthcare or comparable professional experience with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Customer service focused with excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills and executive presence required. Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to new issues/assignments as business needs change; comfortable with ambiguity. Strategic mindset. This role may require direct contract negotiations of financial terms with external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and have a sales perspective are key requirements for success in this role.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled