Director Coding Education
- Remote – Alabama
- Remote – Maryland
- Remote – Maine
- Remote – Louisiana
- Remote – Kentucky
- Remote – Kansas
- Remote – Iowa
- Remote – Indiana
- Remote – Wyoming
- Remote – Oregon
- Remote – Wisconsin
- Remote – New Hampshire
- Remote – West Virginia
- Remote – Nevada
- Remote – Nebraska
- Remote – Washington
- Remote – Montana
- Remote – Virginia
- Remote – Missouri
- Remote – Vermont
- Remote – Mississippi
- Remote – Utah
- Remote – Minnesota
- Remote – Texas
- Remote – Tennessee
- Remote – Michigan
- Remote – Ohio
- Remote – Massachusetts
- Remote – South Dakota
- Remote – South Carolina
- Remote – North Dakota
- Remote – Rhode Island
- Remote – North Carolina
- Remote – Pennsylvania
- Remote – New York
- Remote – New Mexico
- Remote – New Jersey
- Remote – Illinois
- Remote – Idaho
- Remote – Georgia
- Remote – Florida
- Remote – Delaware
- Remote – DC
- Remote – Connecticut
- Remote – Colorado
- Remote – Oklahoma
- Remote – California
- Remote – Arkansas
- Remote – Arizona
- Full time
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The position of Director, Coding Education has recently opened on the Centralized Coding Team. The Director, Coding Education will establish and manage integrated training and education strategies for Change Healthcare’s coders. The Director will develop and implement strategic needs and analyses and training plans for the organization.; coordinate and evaluate curriculum development,and conduct the preparation and delivery of training. This role will oversee all program development and provides guidance and leadership to the education team.
Location: Remote/Telecommuter position
- Provides leadership and expertise in the planning, implementation and delivery of coding education.
- Assesses the educational needs of the coding team and develops education to meet those needs.
- Develops all training materials and coding aids to be used for formal training.
- Instructs individuals or groups involved with coding-related activity, and performs as facilitator or resource person
- Develops and/or utilizes effective educational tools related to ongoing coding education
- Collaborates with operational managers to assure that coders receive the appropriate follow up post-audit, including action plan for ongoing audit, when necessary
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Develops and implements a comprehensive educational plan for all clinical specialty coding
- 5+ years of professional fee, acute care, inpatient, outpatient, Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) and Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC) coding, and three (3) years of supervisory experience in a health information management division.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P or CPC
- Ability to identify and interpret strategic and operational development needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement training and development plans and programs
- Knowledge of curriculum development and preparation procedures
- Proven ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate training plans, curricula and methodology
- Familiarity with professional coding associations and resources
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong oral communication skills and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups
- Ability to share knowledge in an effective way that enhances learning and application of new skills.
- Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.