Digital Product Designer at Stanley Black & Decker
Digital Product Designer
Digital Product Designer – US Remote
Stanley X is looking for a Product Designer to join our Design, Product, and Engineering team in creating the new generation of digital products at Stanley Black & Decker. Product Designers assist strategic and experience design efforts to help ensure Stanley X customers enjoy exceptional user experiences that align with business objectives. Beyond design skills, our Product Designers advocate for their work, which helps them influence decisions and drive great design outcomes.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Ideate and create flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes (low and high fidelity), UI, and guidelines for responsive digital products
- Collaborate with the design, product, and engineering teams to develop work and deliver on project objectives
- Understand a target audience’s needs, tasks, and goals, and translate them into designed concepts
- Develop materials for and participate in virtual customer interviews and prototype testing
- Design with strong interaction and responsive visual design principles for digital mediums such as web, mobile, and new technology mediums
- Support supplementary design requirements, like photo editing and preparing comps for presentations
- Participate in the broader design community to develop and extend design practice knowledge
What we’re looking for
We want to see your work and hear you explain why it is awesome. We would love to know how you tackled issues along the way, and what roles you played in each project. Show us your whole process from research through prototypes and launch.
- A degree in a related field, such as Graphic Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 3-5+ years working professionally in design with the production experience for digital products on devices and the web
- An available portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving, with case studies that clearly show your role on each project
- An informed set of core values regarding design and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
- Experience in conducting user-research / usability testing and distilling results
- Growing knowledge in best practices for visual design, interaction design, and user-centered design processes
- Advanced knowledge of typography, color, and layout
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback
- Experience working in tight design cycles and collaborating with team members for design implementation, with a willingness to accept constructive criticism, and to iterate as part of a team effort
- Determination to do what’s best for the user, product, and brand, even when it doesn’t align with your personal style or preference
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills, which includes excellent listening skills, concise communications, and targeting messages to specific audiences
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe CC
- Experience with file and image optimization techniques
- Must have good time management and be highly organized, including clear file management
What you get
Growth: this is your opportunity to become a member of a small but growing team of multi-disciplined designers on Stanley Black & Decker’s Innovation team, on a path to growth in the Design Practice
Mastery: Expand your abilities in product design and broader aspects of user experience. We actively support you in your chosen field of expertise by giving you time, space, education, and resources
Does this sound like a fit?
Whether you’ve been designing for a few years or have just started with a great portfolio, we’d love to talk to you. Tell us what next step you want to take in your career. Let’s tap into your passion and potential
About Stanley Black & Decker
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security, and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker’s newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers’ needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and Atlanta, GA. Stanley X is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry.
US – Corporate
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!