Digital Organizer, Chapters and Campaigns
Define American is seeking a full-time digital organizer to generate compelling content and coordinate with partner organizations. He or she will be a key member of the chapters and campaigns team.
Develop and implement email and social media strategies for the chapters and campaigns team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and contribute to SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo and Define American’s website/blog as needed.
Create and post original content for the chapters and campaigns team, including:
- Social media graphics in collaboration with artists and content producers
- Social media language in collaboration with the communications team
- Real-time posts for grassroots online and offline events
- Digital promotion for events held throughout the year
- Email communication geared toward list growth, grassroots activation and donations
- Collaborate with staff and external partners to maximize social impact of new and existing initiatives.
- Work with chapters members and colleagues to create and distribute petitions on cultural and media-related campaigns.
- Work with the head of research and social media manager to report on social media data using standard metrics.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS or higher; majors in journalism, media, and communications, and/or English a plus
- Strong understanding of social media publishing and petition platforms and content management systems; experience with Every Action a plus
- Knowledge of current social media marketing concepts, strategy and best practices
- At least two years of progressively increasing responsibilities in a community organizing, digital mobilization or a social media role specifically geared toward digital growth and engagement.
Successful candidates will also possess most of the following
- Demonstrated project planning skills with acute attention to detail and the ability to self-direct
- Enthusiasm about our mission and vision
Due to the remote nature of the work, applicants throughout the United States will be considered.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits available
- The ability to grow with and contribute to a creative, collaborative team on the cutting edge of one of the key social justice issues of today
ABOUT DEFINE AMERICAN
Define American is a leading national media and culture organization that uses the power of stories to transcend politics and elevate the conversation about immigrants, identity and citizenship in a changing America. We were founded in 2011 by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas and named one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company in 2019.
Define American is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded by an undocumented American. We believe strongly in telling the full story of America and want our staff to reflect all of our stories. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status or sexual orientation. If you have most of the skills listed here and personal experience with international migration and/or a demonstrated commitment and passion for broadening the definition of what it means to be American in the 21st century, we encourage you to apply for this position.