Digital Media Manager at Center for Progressive Reform
Digital Media Manager
The Center for Progressive Reform (CPR) is seeking a part-time Digital Media Manager to support and strategically promote CPR’s work and policy goals on multiple digital media platforms, through a lens of Justice, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity. The Digital Media Manager will work with our Executive Director, communications team, policy staff, and Member Scholars to expand and enhance CPR’s digital media presence. The manager will also play a leading role in designing and implementing a major digital media campaign between late 2020 and early 2021 to coincide with the Presidential election and transition. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Digital Media Manager is a key member of our communications team and, as such, will combine an ability to communicate strategically messages across platforms in order to maximize our impact with a commitment to CPR’s mission and values to advance policies for social justice and environmental health.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a major digital media campaign between late 2020 and early 2021, focused on political transitions and policy/law reforms
- Daily communications of CPR’s activities (analysis, commentaries, values, campaigns, etc.) across multiple digital media platforms, tailored to those platforms’ audiences for maximum impact
- Expand, enhance, and leverage audiences across all of CPR’s social media channels
- Design and utilize social media share images and memes, infographics, and other images
- Work with CPR’s communications team to build out the organization’s digital photo library
- Work with CPR’s communications team to enhance and curate content on the organization’s website, CPRBlog, and other media assets, such as podcasts, webinars, and video
- Produce and promote video and audio clips to enhance and increase the reach of CPR’s work and messaging
- Additional duties as assigned
- Three to five years of successful experience in digital or social media marketing, promotion, and content creation
- Working knowledge of design software and a variety of social media platforms and proven ability to learn website backends quickly
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (a degree in communications, journalism, or other relevant field a plus, but not required)
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Comfort with working from home in a virtual office setting
- A demonstrated interest and/or experience in progressive policy and legal reform a plus
- Broad and strategic understanding of the digital and social media landscape to achieve CPR’s mission
- This is a part-time, one-year contract position (24 hours per week) with an option for renewal at the end of the contract term. We offer competitive compensation of up to $45,000/year, depending on experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!