Digital Media Content Writer (Full Time)
Organization: Pulso – a digital organizing venture for the Latinx community
Location: Full-time, remote position (from home or co-working space) based in the U.S.
Pulso seeks a motivated, well-organized writer who loves producing creative content for andabout Latinxs in a fast-paced team.
We’re looking for a Digital Media Content Writer who isdedicated to the advancement of all Latinxs, is a natural storyteller, and has significant experience in engaging Latinxs from diverse communities. This role will be a great fit for a writer who is alsotech savvy and entrepreneurial.
Pulso is a digital organizing venture focused on increasing the political power of Latinx votersacross the country. We are a digital platform that attracts and engages Latinx voters through ourdaily and weekly culturally-relevant content via Facebook Messenger and Instagram. Bycultivating deep, trusted digital relationships with our subscribers online, we leverage themtowards political action offline.
Our overarching goals are to motivate our subscribers to takeaction on critical issues impacting Latinxs, advance policy change through increased advocacy,and register more Latinxs so they will cast their votes on election day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for Project Pulso in the FacebookMessenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit organization that incubates and supportssocial ventures. Drawing upon the lessons from some of the largest and most impactful socialchange institutions, AC’s theory of change is based on the idea that membership organizationscan experience explosive, financially-sustainable growth when they provide a robust set ofbenefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize(functional organizing). For more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read, The Secretof Scale and for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and otherbusiness strategies, read The Promise of Lean Experimentation both from the Stanford SocialInnovation Review.
We are looking for a prolific, curious writer who lives and breathes Latinx content acrossplatforms. The fundamental responsibility of this role is to write engaging, timely stories for our daily content service aimed at attracting subscribers to Pulso via Facebook Messenger,Instagram, and other social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with adeep understanding of what matters to our subscribers, has a strong writing background, andthrives with new challenges. We will be looking for the Digital Media Content Writer to capturestories ranging from separated families at the border, to emerging Latinx trends in a compelling,conversational tone using audio, video, gifs, images and multimedia.
As a Pulso Digital Media Content Writer, you will:
- Research and write compelling stories that Pulso subscribers will love. You’ll alsowrite outlines, narrative arcs and full articles we send out in various formats. You’ll learnour editorial and marketing process.
- Work on campaigns for Instagram, Facebook and emerging platforms that Pulsosubscribers can’t wait to share. Your primary aim will be to improve reach.
- Research and uncover profiles, stories and historical facts about the Latinxexperience that are little-known (using primary and secondary sources) and infuse theminto stories and social media campaigns.
- Support the needs of the Pulso team. We’re scaling our work and impact, so we’ll belooking for you to support Pulso priorities outside of writing, take on new challenges, andgrow in your role.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a prolific writer able to capture readers’ attention with compelling, culturally-relevant, andcreative content
- 1-3 years in a writing role, with relevant experience
- Is a visual storyteller with multi-platform experience (FB, websites, YouTube, Instagram,blogs, newsletters, audio)
- Is committed to advancing progressive policies
- Understands the issues that the U.S.-based Latinx community faces
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is adept at enhancing stories with audio, videos, gifs, images, and other multimedia, and iscomfortable using a variety of technology tools, such as Photoshop, Canva, Slack
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
We prefer someone who:
- Is familiar with Facebook ads, Messenger bots, WordPress, Photoshop
- Has a knack for curating social media spaces and loves engaging with customers
- Has experience editing/creating podcasts and videos
- Is fluent in Spanish
- Has a sense of humor!
Salary & Benefits:
- $40,000-$50,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employermatch on the next 2%