Digital Editor at Endgame360
Location: US only; 100% Remote
At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
As a Digital Editor you will:
- Report to the Director of Editorial Development and be an active participant in a complex and dynamic editorial process.
- Achieve/maintain quarterly departmental and individual page view goals.
- Create at least 40 interesting and unique headlines weekly to start, which may change as the needs of the business change.
- Follow the quality guidelines for our site(s) and take ownership of editing any articles in your workflow that are not up to those standards in their first submission from freelancers.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for publishing all freelance work, which to start will be at least 10 articles per day and may change as the needs of the business change, by following the quality guidelines for our site(s) and taking ownership of the daily workflow for publishing freelancer work including: reviewing and accepting submissions from freelancers via a freelancer management platform, requesting edits from freelancers if any articles in your workflow are not up to our site(s) quality standards, completing submissions in WordPress by editing, adding media, and formatting content, and scheduling or publishing content per our sites’ guidelines.
- Provide feedback to freelancers on their work for adhering to our sites’ style and best practices through a freelancer management platform.
- Participate in evaluating the ongoing success of freelancer work from all aspects, including programmed headlines, overall PVs, and audience engagement.
- Work within the existing freelance workflow to program and package evergreen articles to boost organic PV performance on all of our sites.
- Work as a team of Digital Editors to maintain existing evergreen content on all of our sites, and share knowledge about evergreen updates with other team members as needed.
- Participate in testing, evaluating, and/or launching new editorial initiatives as the needs of the business require. This can be with the whole team, in select groups, or individually, depending on the editorial initiative, which will be established by the Director of Editorial Development.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to meet/utilize company standard operating procedures or guidelines.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, or WI. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with editing written content and providing feedback to writers about their work.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- Experience with content management and content planning.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other content diagnostics tools is a plus.
- Strong research skills.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with millions of monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture motivated by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We currently offer an exceptional bonus plan in which each team member within the company is on a bonus program. We also offer a flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!