Dictation Transcription – Financial, Corporate and Legal at VIQ Solutions
Dictation Transcription – Financial, Corporate and Legal – FJ062921
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As agencies transition to a technology-driven workflow, VIQ Solutions is a leader in providing transcription and editing services to various industries to include criminal justice, law enforcement, legal, corporate finance, and insurance. As a contract transcriptionist/editor you will listen to audio recordings, strictly adhering to style guides, to independently produce accurate transcripts. Each day you will encounter new and diverse content and have opportunities to apply and expand your general knowledge.
We are looking to contract with individuals who have experience with single-speaker audio transcription/editing. Formats for our dictations include meeting notes, memos, letters, and client-specific formatting.
As an independent contractor for VIQ Solutions, you will set your own schedule, determine how much you work and when and where you perform the work. As a contract transcriptionist/editor you will receive guidance from our supportive, in-office team whenever you need it.
- Work on your own schedule, as many hours as you want.
- Grow your business at your own pace.
- Have open access to work 24/7.
- Save on daycare, gas, and other expenses you may have when working outside the home.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of one year of general transcription experience is required.
- Legal, insurance, and financial experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent listening skills
- Outstanding literacy skills, including comprehension, spelling, and grammar
- Able to consistently follow formatting and/or style guidelines
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to maintain accuracy while providing a quick turnaround time (as required by the project)
- Able to pass a background check
- Must be a US citizen. Currently, this opportunity is not available to Massachusetts or California residents.
Technology is at the heart of our company. To utilize our global, cutting-edge transcription technology, you will need:
- High-speed internet
- PC or laptop with a minimum of 8 GB RAM
- Noise-canceling quality headphones are recommended
- Windows 10 (If you are not sure of which version of Windows you have, one way you can check is by pressing Windows logo key + R, type: winver, then selecting OK)
- Antivirus program with daily virus definition updates (Except Webroot antivirus)
- Infinity Foot Pedal
Rates are paid per line. Payments are made twice monthly via direct deposit.
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Independent Contractor
- TAGS: Dictation, Transcription, Proofreading, Legal Transcription, Insurance Transcription, Financial Transcription
- POSITION: Dictation Transcription – Financial, Corporate and Legal
- EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!