DevOps Engineer at Federal Reserve System
Federal Reserve System
- Location: Richmond US-VA or Remote, US
- Job Type: PERMANENT
- Job Time: FULLTIME
- Job Description: DevOps Engineer
- The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
- When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
- Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
- Are you a passionate cloud engineer that’s delivered infrastructure as code in a fast-paced agile environment?
- We are looking for a senior-level DevOps engineer who is a seasoned professional with a full understanding of industry best practices.
- This is a hands-on position that will develop infrastructure as code for the core cloud foundation teams.
- This position will also analyze business requirements, as it relates to technical automation of infrastructure design and implementation practices.
- The cloud DevOps engineer will also evaluate testing requirements and prepare testing strategies, as well as implementation and transition plans.
- Cloud Engineering provides the products and services to enable applications that drive the Federal Reserve System. We provide the critical technical foundation through the infrastructure that runs business and user computing services. We work as one-team to deliver high-quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies.
- You will join a talented team of cloud engineers with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. You will leverage your extensive cloud-native technology knowledge to ensure that our products are secure and deliver business benefits to our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Location: Open (Remote)
- Automate design patterns as infrastructure as code and implement and test the automation.
- Oversee problem avoidance with the Cloud hosting automation platforms
- Provide key automation on system projects focused on development and implementation of strategic directives
- Implement automation changes to business information and technical systems
- Analyze and revise existing code and system documentation as necessary
- May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption with automation enforcement
- Evaluate, recommend and select new automation tools
- Perform change and problem management using standard automation tools
- Ensure conformance and compliance with existing system standards
- Follow and ensure conformance to technical standards for programming and design techniques
- Train technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures
- Monitor compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 6+ years with IT solution delivery Engineer experience and hands on experience with public, private and hybrid cloud services including; planning, development, migration and integration of applications and services from on premises infrastructure to cloud based platforms -as-a-Service and infrastructure -as-a-Service
- Working knowledge of architecture and design of solutions using AWS and Azure cloud-based technologies
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology
- Proficient with a variety of software development languages, DevOps tools and techniques, scripting and automation tools
- Experience with integrating various tools into DevOps pipeline such as Git
- Experience with Terraform, ARM Templates, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Config, AWS Inspector, and AWS GuardDuty
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Understand and apply risk management techniques in decision making
- Ability to work under the direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives
- Ability to make decisions within established or widely accepted standards and achieve assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 6 to 9+ years of relevant work experience.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!