Title: Developer Programs Coordinator
Location: Remote – US
GitHub has been supporting the greater developer community since 2008. The GitHub Developer Relations team is the liaison between the developer community and the GitHub product platform that has enabled over 31 million developers to build and share their software projects with people all over the world.
The Developer Events Coordinator will support the developer relations team in developer community engagement at scale. In this role, you will assist in managing GitHub’s presence at external events for the greater developer community.
- Be the main point of content for all developer events hosted at GitHub offices globally
- Be the main point of contact for GitHub employees representing the company in the community
- Manage the payment and coordination of event sponsorships and exhibiting fees for developer community events
- Coordinate logistics for sponsored events with our event management partners, including furniture, marketing materials, swag, and catering.
- Enable travel and accommodations for traveling employees to developer events
- Work within established budgetary constraints and manage prioritization of sponsorships.
- Maintain SLA for all inbound inquiries requesting GitHub support at developer community events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization, nothing ever slips through the cracks
- Experienced in managing event logistics, office management, or managing other complex projects
- Able to handle difficult situations gracefully and professionally
- Enjoys finding creative and fun ways to engage with event attendees
- Ability to leverage critical thinking to solve problems at scale
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Where We Can Hire
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.