Deal Desk Manager
San Francisco or Remote
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
The Deal Desk Manager will be responsible for managing the entire process around how Doximity enters into agreements with its customers. This includes creating and managing contract templates and amendments, reviewing and editing in-process agreements, seeking the appropriate approvals, and acting as the liaison between Sales, Finance, Legal, and the rest of the business as necessary. In addition, the Deal Desk manager will be expected to keep the deal desk policies and procedures up to date and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders, as well as offer recommendations for areas of improvement.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create and manage contract templates for each business unit.
- Review and process all contracts that come through deal desk to ensure accuracy and approvals for any policy / pricing exceptions.
- Ensure the deal desk policies and procedures are well documented and communicated to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison between Sales, Finance, and Legal for any non-standard contract language or situations, and to ensure that appropriate documentation is recorded for these situations.
- Act as stakeholder in sales and operational processes to ensure deal desk processes run smoothly and record accurate and timely data.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in law, economics, or finance.
- 3-5+ years of related experience in deal desk, sales operations, legal, accounting or finance handling day-to-day contract review.
- Detail oriented – must be organized and able to stay on top of fast moving information and tasks that are likely to change at a moments notice.
- Able to multi-task and balance priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible. Experience working varied hours to accommodate volume fluctuations caused by sales cycles, seasonality, and emergencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Salesforce, Docusign, or Netsuite a plus.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.