Deal Desk Manager
Location: US – Remote
Do you possess a phenomenal customer service ethic; will you do whatever it takes to help out your partners & customers? Are you passionate and determined about what you do and deliver your passion humbly? Are you creative and open-minded when it comes to learning and growing? If the answer is unequivocally yes to all of these, then read on.
Tanium is seeking a Deal Desk Manager, a fundamental and high profile commercial role, critical to enable Sales in the growth of Tanium’s Commercial businesses through multiple channels of opportunity. This role will be the commercial center point of the deal cycle and serve a pivot role in enabling Tanium’s sales teams be successful.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort.
- Advise Sales on objection handling techniques, alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
- Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues
- Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closures
- Work with teammates and management to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities.
- Develop & deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product & Pricing FAQ’s, Sales Approval templates, etc.) Work with corporate operations to develop best practices for fulfilling non-standard deals
- Work with Channel partners, Channel Sales and Channel Operations to ensure predictability in transacting business
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS required
- Minimum 5 years of previous software industry, Deal Desk, Finance, Operations or pricing experience required (including modeling complex Enterprise License Arrangements)
- Experience in contract/legal negotiations required
- Basic foundational understanding of software revenue recognition principles preferred
- Experience using cutting edge financial modeling applications is a big plus
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/