Database Administrator at HigherMe
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote (we are absolutely happy to welcome anyone who can overlap at least 4 hours of EST (Toronto/New York) timezone.)
HigherMe is hiring its first Database Administrator!
HigherMe is changing how companies hire in the restaurant and retail sectors! We have a small, but mighty team of 30 people who enjoy working remotely while maintaining a strong sense of connection to each other.
We have a strong and passionate team that we’re excited to introduce you to. We operate with optimism, and are thankful for the opportunities we’ve been presented with. We don’t have room for negativity. We also believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to fast upward mobility.
We are a 100% distributed team working from the U.S., Canada and internationally. We are an inclusive team that welcomes and respects all.
Though we are remote-first company, we have a slight preference towards applicants in North America. That said, we are absolutely happy to welcome anyone who can overlap at least 4 hours of EST (Toronto/New York) timezone.
Keywords: Python, React.js, PHP, Laravel, MySQL
What you will be working on
- We work in PHP using the Laravel framework with a MySQL database, and a React front end
- Collaborating with a highly skilled team who’s accustomed to a high level of output, while releasing early and often
- Work closely with Frontend and Backend Engineers to oversee code releases
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Work with our Head of Product to implement integrations requested by our customers
- Deploy product updates and fixes, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs
- Investigate and resolve technical issues identified by our Customer Success team
- 2+ years of similar Database Administrator role
- Working knowledge of databases and MySQL with strong preference towards PHP and Laravel experience
- Self-starter mentality
- Previous remote work experience working with distributed Dev team members
Nice to Have
- Great sense of humor!
- Any direct work with AWS with EBCLI, Docker, nginx, ubuntu will surely grab our team’s attention
- Direct experience with B2B Saas Applications is a plus
- Preference to those with experience in the restaurant or food service industry
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!