Data Warehouse Developer
Department: Business Intelligence
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that home-ownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization-Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies=everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
The Data Warehouse Developer is focused on expanding, maturing, and maintaining the Firm’s data analytics platform. The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for the development of the extraction, transformation, and loading of the data warehouse and data marts. This position will collaborate with an advanced line of business users in order to maintain accurate metadata and support early-stage analytics for new datasets and report requirement examples.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and support ETL code for data warehouse and data marts to support the reporting and data analytic systems
- Collaborate with a diverse team of business analysts and report developers to develop and build EDW artifacts, such as SQL code and logical and physical data models
- Contribute to software design and architecture while following development specifications and standards
- Perform both analyst and developer responsibilities as needed
- Perform complex analysis and design across multiple database platforms and technologies
- May need to instruct and guide those with less experience
- To conduct research into new data warehouse applications and determine viability for adoption.
- Identify and describe BI problems and requirements from across the organization
- Be the link between data providers and the Development Data Mart to ensure the right data is in the warehouse and is updated as changes occur in the data providers’ applications.
- Profile and understand large volumes of source data, including structured and unstructured data. Sources will include MySQL, SQL Server, flat files, and the Cloud.
- Regularly conduct ETL and database performance tuning. Look for ways to improve overall performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing metrics and develop new metrics to help move the organization forward by identifying waste in our processes.
- Provide insight into creating and maintain a system that helps ad-hoc metrics providers move to a more robust and shareable reporting interface.
- Assist in the development of metrics and processes to ensure quality standards are met on new and existing data.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field
- At least 5 years of related experience required data warehouse and/or data mart development
- Expert level experience SQL coding/querying skills with a major database platform (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL Redshift, etc.)
- Understand data warehouse design and ETL performance techniques
- Experience with one or more ETL tools such as Talend, Data Services, Data Integrator, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Experience with large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
- Experience working with unstructured or semi-structured data; time series data
- Ability to provide total analytic support which includes data extraction from multiple sources, synthesizing and aggregating data and developing reports
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written, and in presentation format)
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with AWS data warehousing techniques is a plus
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
WE ARE CARDINAL FINANCIAL
We started Cardinal Financial with a passion for developing a better mortgage experience. Our proprietary loan origination software, Octane, is a sure advantage, but we soon found out that revolutionary technology only goes so far without revolutionary people. We place a premium on hiring talented, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed, not only to reimagining the possibilities of mortgage lending, but to delivering a personal experience to every borrower every time. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our people because they’re what sets us apart from the rest. Our culture is strengthened by self-starters who look forward to coming to work every day and are willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues and their clients. Cardinal Financial is where your career meets your calling. Join us and be a part of something more than mortgage lending.