Data Specialist at Burke
- Location: Remote Locations
- Job Code: 540
- # of openings: 1
Data Specialist, (Cincinnati OH or remotely WFH in any USA Location)
Burke is a leading supplier of marketing research and consumer insights to Fortune 500 companies around the world in a dynamic range of industries. As an innovative insights company, we help clients make better marketing and organizational decisions by providing customized research that helps drive their growth with their products and services. Founded in 1931 and well known as one of the industry leaders, we continue to thrive through providing employees with extensive training, an opportunity to learn from and work with the best in the field, unparalleled opportunities for continuous learning, and variety in industry and client work. We also offer competitive pay, generous benefits, free parking, and an onsite gym. We are employee-owned and give all employees stock and ownership in the company! Learn and grow in your career with us!
We are currently seeking a Data Specialist for our Data Management department. The Data Specialist’s primary role is to provide technical expertise and quality control on research projects by processing data in various programs. In this role, you will use data tabulation packages and other applications to write scripts designed to check marketing research interview data for logic and accuracy. This position works in a team environment to identify new scripting techniques, explore new process efficiencies, and help introduce new technologies into the department.
We are located in downtown Cincinnati, OH, but this person could work in our Cincinnati office (once we go back after current Covid restrictions) or remotely from an established home office anywhere in the US as long as your available during regular EST business hours.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of a project team, the Data Specialist is responsible for not only designing, programming, and checking cross-tabulations, but also setting up the data in formats according to client specifications using UNICOM Intelligence Professional (formerly IBM SPSS Professional, mrStudio), SPSS Statistics, SQL, VBA, Excel, Access and Word.
- Work with project teams to review documentation, participate in the objectives/debriefing discussions of assigned projects.
- Provide ongoing feedback for job team members and communicates across departments to coordinate work being done on project.
- Manipulate the data to correct errors found within the data or on the questionnaire itself. Reformat data when necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics or another relevant field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in marketing research reporting with relevant tabulation and reporting software
- Experience with data and table scripting within the UNICOM Intelligence Professional Reporting application, or a similar application like Decipher.
- In-depth knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office automation techniques for populating Power Point and Excel using Open Office XML, EPPlus, Visual Basic for applications.
- Understanding of statistics and mathematical techniques to solve real business problems using tools.
- Excited about using strong communication and technical skills to work in a customer-focused, team environment.
- Experience with cleaning and transforming survey data for use in visualization applications.
As part of our hiring process, Burke conducts a criminal background check on all potential employees. You may be asked to provide additional information for that purpose. (A conviction does not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.) Burke is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!