Data Scientist at Hello Alice
- United States
Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
As part of the Data Science team at Hello Alice, you will play an important role in driving our Data Science mission forward. We build tools and products using Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) that empower small business owners. By using data, machine learning, and AI we augment human intelligence and cognition for optimal decision-making. We strive to evangelize on the importance of being a data-driven organization and use data to tell stories and uncover insights.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Data Science.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Apply various data science methods to understanding the most important aspects of our product, users, and business
- Transform data into insights that can be utilized by people without a programming or data science background.
- Evangelizing evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers (including senior-level and executive management) and driving democratized accessibility of data and insights
- Design and build data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes
- Determine new ways to improve data quality and predictive capabilities
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis
- Provide research on topics including Hello Alice’s business model and recommendation techniques
- Deliver reports and insights on data findings that are understandable to non-data scientists
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Degree in a related field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or Computer Science
- 1-2 years of experience which can include relevant internship experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics to include linear and logistic regression, supervised machine learning and time series forecasting
- Knowledge of building statistical, machine learning, NLP, and AI models
- Prior experience with different models and projects with the ability to explain in detail
- Experience with tools and programming language to include Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, Mode Analytics or Shiny
- Cloud databases including Google Cloud platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure
- R or Python and SQL experience is required
- Ability to identify a business problem, define and create a solution and convert the solution into an insight feature
Benefits & Perks
- Generous PTO days
- Competitive compensation, benefit, and equity package
- Work from home stipend
- Professional development
- Diverse, fun, and unique work environment
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 500,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!