Data Platform Engineer at Stitch Fix
Title: Data Platform Engineer
Location: Remote, USA
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody, and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Algo & Experimentation Frameworks team is a multi talented group of engineers and data scientists responsible for foundational frameworks and platforms underpinning algorithmic products and experimentation at Stitch Fix.
To name a few areas where we effect change, we design, build, and maintain the platforms and frameworks which enable:
- Experimentation at scale
- Rapid development, orchestration and deployment of ML models for algo products
- Streaming feature calculations for use in models and recommender systems
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the evolution of our platforms and help increase innovation velocity at Stitch Fix.
We believe that diverse teams are better than the sum of their parts. We encourage people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineer preferably with a background in statistics, experimentation and/or machine learning to help us design and implement world class frameworks and platforms underpinning experimentation and algorithmic products at Stitch Fix. In this role, you will participate in all phases of software development, from the system design through implementation and ongoing support. You’ll build robust pipelines that take advantage of Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, S3 and scalability features of AWS. This role is highly cross functional and you will enjoy getting to know our partners across all areas of the business.
As a team, we work together to prioritize features and directions, but you will have responsibility for deliverables and you will be largely self-directed in determining what you work on. This is not a role where your day-to-day is determined by a PM or a ticket – success on the team includes defining problems, brainstorming ideas, implementing solutions and owning the process end to end.
- Minimum of 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong programming background; expertise in Python and/or Go required.
- Experience working with experimentation and/or applied machine learning.
- Experience implementing low latency public APIs (REST architecture, Fast API preferred).
- Knowledge or interest in statistics.
- Experience with microservices.
- Experience and comfort building on top of AWS.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Help shape experimentation and algo frameworks at Stitch Fix.
- Be an owner of highly visible, high-traffic platforms.
- Have the opportunity to work on all aspects of systems, from services to backend data stores to analytics and logging.
- Share the responsibility of directing the team’s investment in impactful directions.
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
- Work with bright and kind colleagues who are passionate about their craft.
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE…
- Experience working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- A rigorous focus on simple solutions that yield business impact.
- Strong experience building out scalable, distributed, and production systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical business partners alike, and who are interested in building strong cross-functional relationships.
- A desire to question the status quo and promote innovative solutions to challenging problems.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX:
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more