Data Integration Engineer at Paychex
Data Integration Engineer
- United States
- Information Technology
- Full Time
Responsible for developing data integration processes to support Paychex data initiatives aimed at assuring accuracy and consistency of critical business data across Paychex systems. Requires depth and breadth of experience in data and database technologies including proficient SQL and software development. Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours.
- Develops an understanding of the assigned data environment through data profiling and analysis using enterprise data tools to assess quality and cleanliness of data. Identify opportunities to improve data quality.
- Using enterprise data platform and tools, develops batch and streaming integration jobs.
- Build solutions to extract, cleanse, transform, enrich, load and validate all required data for the successful implementation of data migration.
- Documents data integration and data quality results and requirements, proposed solutions, and code to provide traceability from requirements through code implementation. Develop data monitoring solutions based on defined data quality business rules.
- Consults with infrastructure and application architects to integrate solutions into the Paychex environment to ensure consistency with Paychex architecture and standards, along with Integration Best Practices.
- Coordinates the management of data tools and platform so that software patches and software/hardware upgrades are planned and executed appropriately.
- Work with Data Management Organization and data owners to establish and progress towards data management maturity and data quality index.
- Works with capacity planning and performance testing groups to ensure that solutions perform to Service Level Agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience – Preferred
- 4 years of experience in Software engineering with a focus on data integration, data processing, data quality, data migration and data governance.
- 3 years of experience in SQL development.
- 3 years of experience in Oracle, SQL Server and NoSQL databases.(Oracle preferred).
- 3 years of experience in data integration and data quality tools.(DataFlux Data Management Studio and server experience preferred.).
- 2 years of experience in cloud technologies.(Microsoft Azure Data Factory preferred).
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional) – Preferred