Data Entry Operator at Planet Group
Data Entry Operator
Category: Data Entry, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Data Entry Operator
Location: Remote Based
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of experience Recent grads with internship experience are encouraged to apply
- Proficient with Excel
- Proficient with Computers and Computer Programs
- Healthcare Experience
- Experience following and enhancing operational processes
The Research Patient Data Registry (RPDR) is a centralized clinical data registry designed for facilitating research across the organization’s enterprise. Our team is focused on the consolidation of data from a variety of hospital systems into an organized format that can be easily queried by investigators from across the organization. We provide tools to search this data as well as process workflows for the dissemination of clinical data for IRB approved studies. Our repository contains over 15 billion individual data points on over 6 million patients. Our team handles over 30,000 query requests from over 1500 researchers annually, including the creation and delivery of over 5000 identified data sets. The total value of grants that depend on data delivered from the RPDR for their associated research projects is estimated to be over $1 billion.
The analyst’s primary responsibilities will be to help process clinical data sets compiled from our data repository, review for any processing errors, and deliver in a timely manner to the research community. The ideal candidate can quickly learn new concepts, is excited about building efficiency in their day to day work, has a great attention to detail, and strong sense of accountability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The RPDR team receives approximately 500 data requests monthly using our self-service tools. These requests are used by the research community to recruit patients into research, conduct retrospective analyses, and other clinical research data needs. These requests constitute jobs that must be processed. Responsibilities for the operations analyst will entail:
- Starting new data jobs and configuring them according to our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Daily monitoring of data jobs that have been compiled and following our Standard Operating Procedures to deliver data to the research teams who requested data.
- Helping the team meeting a 2-day turnaround time for delivering data by successfully delivering data daily, and managing old requests and new requests, as well as requests to expedite some if researchers have upcoming deadlines.
- Identifying issues in data log files and escalating as needed for potential resolution.
- Updating Standard Operating Procedures as need to adapt to changing needs; new steps; changed requirements
- Escalating issues in a timely manner and documenting issues following the team’s best practices.
- Use the organization’s values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Additional responsibilities to be given based on completion of core team tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 1-3 years of experience. New grads with internship experience are encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience following and enhancing operational processes a plus.
- A customer-first attitude.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate clearly to team members about status of work, using MS Teams audio and video, chat, and email as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently.
- Be self-motivated despite work that, at times, can be repetitive.
- Ability to work and thrive in a large complex organization.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving; detail-oriented; calm under pressure or when faced with ambiguity.
- Metric-driven with an eye toward process improvements.
- Ability to work collegially and able to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues and others across the organization, at all levels.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.