Data Engineer, Sales at Tanium
Title: Data Engineer, Sales
- Location: Remote, US
Tanium is looking for a data-minded, strategic thinker to drive data management and support reporting, business insights, and analytics for the Sales Strategy team as a Data Engineer. This is a high impact role supporting our accelerating growth, and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels of the organization by managing complex datasets to support actionable business insights.
This person must be a highly analytical, curious, deep diver with a passion for driving business success through high quality data. They will be responsible and accountable for the sales data in Tanium’s data warehouse and will be directly involved in data governance and business enablement, as well as strategic planning for data architecture strategy. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with data warehouses, ETL processes and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of championing data-driven strategy in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight and operational excellence across regional sales organizations
- Own multiple datasets in the sales data warehouse
- Partner with IT to ensure all required data is available and well maintained
- Execute data schema within the warehouse to optimize analytics and reporting
- Minimize run times of daily data ETL processes
- Integrate third party datasets into the sales data warehouse
- Support ad-hoc data and data enhancement requests in support of Sales initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date documentation libraries for key systems, metrics, and reporting packages
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Sales Analytics organization and with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing, data engineering, or data management
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and/or Snowflake
- Extensive work experience with Python
- Experience with PowerBI, Github and eagerness to continue developing these skill
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Strong data management, reporting, and communication skills
- Familiarity with ETL processes, Alooma, Apache Airflow, Dell Boomi a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!