Data Engineer at Addepar
- Remote, USA
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We’re building interoperability and transparency across hundreds of financial systems, and creating more powerful and robust financial applications on top of that platform.
As Data Engineer in Business Intelligence, you will own the tech stack that produces, collects, transforms, persists, and models the business-critical product and financial data upon which Addepar relies to drive business and product direction. You will gain a deep understanding of the data sources and data pipelines that populate Addepar’s data warehouse. In this role you will have the opportunity to interact with different functional areas within the business, dive deep into the business and product data, and influence decision-making in a fast-paced, high-growth FinTech company.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing data solutions that impact product and business decisions. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of self-direction. You can take broad organizational goals and turn them into concise, effective deliverables. You will help set the vision for how we use data at Addepar and empower others in contributing toward that vision.
- Build and maintain the data feeds that deliver raw data to the data warehouse.
- Define and maintain data models across all business intelligence databases and tools.
- Partner with BI analysts to define and implement data transformations to convert raw data into schemas consumed by downstream tools.
- Implement solutions to capture and process streaming data from the backend infrastructure and click-level data from the application.
- Become a power user of Snowflake, and take ownership in Addepar’s successful adoption by ensuring high standards of data quality, data discoverability, and query performance.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Addepar product and the business tools upon which Addepar relies (including Periscope, Looker, and NetSuite).
- Partner with product, engineering, and business teams to help shape the future of data-driven decision-making at Addepar.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience in analytics, data warehousing, data operations, or related role.
- Expertise in writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL queries.
- Experience using python to build data feeds and/or analyze data.
- Experience with databases, data modeling, and data warehousing architecture.
- Experience with large-scale / streaming data processing tools including Kafka, Spark, and Flink.
- Experience with analytical/BI tools supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!