Data Architect Lead at Medecision
Data Architect Lead
Job Location: US-Remote
Job ID: 2020-1761
We’re looking for our next Liberator – a Data Architect Lead – to join our quest to provide market-transforming solutions for businesses, care teams, and consumers to interactively manage health and care.
At Medecision, each Liberator contributes uniquely to our mission-critical Must-Win Battles, and the role of our Data Architect Lead is no different. The Data Architect Lead plays a key role in the newly formed Data Competencies department by working with large healthcare datasets that will translate client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications, or process designs. The Data Architect Lead will contribute to a wide variety of initiatives in the areas of data usage and governance, information management, privacy and security, SOA, data analytics and visualization, information modeling, and big data. A key for success in this role is a unique blend of technical skills, business knowledge and working with and influencing multiple cross-functional teams within IT and business on the right solutions for our clients. You will have the opportunity to lead, participate, guide, and mentor other people in the team on architecture and design in a hands-on manner.
Are you ready? We are! Join us in our journey toward liberating American healthcare one cool innovation at a time!
Reports to: Senior Director, Data Competencies
Location(s): Dallas, TX; remote considered
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the end-to-end vision on how logical design translates into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages.
- Participate in the establishment of methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
- Assess governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise.
- Ensure data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate, select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Collaborate with project leads, consultants and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and analytics.
- Create and maintain data models and metadata policies and procedures for functional design.
- Provide technical recommendations and engage with ETL/BI Architects, Business SMEs and other stakeholders throughout the Solution/Data Architecture and implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop high performance and highly scalable data solutions (data marts/warehouse and data mining and advanced analytics).
- Address data-related problems related to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Document the data architecture in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture as well as an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement and platform upgrades.
- Communicate with the project team in a timely manner and escalating issues & risks appropriately.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degreein information systems, Informatics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or relevant experience.
- 10 or more years of IT experience, preferably in Clinical or Health Information Management.
- Expertise in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions for more than one large client.
- Expertise with normalized OLTP, MDM and DW Dimensional modeling techniques, Star & Snowflake schemas, modeling slowly changing dimensions and role-playing dimensions, dimensional hierarchies, and data classification.
- Expertise in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Security, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Archival and Data Migration strategies using appropriate tools.
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef).
- Drive delivery in a matrixed environment working with various internal IT partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and have skills in planning, strategy, estimation, scheduling
- Strong problem solving, influencing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% depending on location.
COMPETENCIES YOU’LL HAVE:
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Cultivates Innovation
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Organizational Savvy
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!