Data Analyst at Guaranteed Rate
Job Description: Data Analyst
Why Guaranteed Rate is the BEST Place to Work
Guaranteed Rate is one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the Company has 7,500 employees in 400 offices across the U.S., and is licensed in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Since its founding in 2000, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances and funded more than $59 billion in loans in 2020 alone. The company has cemented itself as Positively Different by introducing innovative technology, such as the world’s first Digital Mortgage, by offering low rates and by delivering unparalleled customer service. Honors and awards include: Top Lender for Online Service for 2018 by U.S. News & World Report; Best Mortgage Lender for Online Loans and Best Mortgage Lender for Refinancing by NerdWallet for 2021; HousingWire’s 2020 Tecp00 award for the company’s industry-leading FlashClose SM technology; No. 3 ranking in Scotsman Guide’s Top Retail Mortgage Lenders 2019; Chicago Agent Magazine’s Lender of the Year for five consecutive years; Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces list for seven consecutive years. Visit rate.com for more information.
What Makes Our Team Awesome
We are a gritty group of passionate technologists on a mission to dominate the mortgage world!
The Information Technology Team within Guaranteed Rate passionately and consistently puts our customers first. We are building the latest technology to help create the best mortgage experience on the planet and get your mortgage, your way, anytime, anywhere. Whether that is improving our digital mortgage platform, automating loan coordination and underwriting processes, or building out the latest marketing and customer engagement platform, we’re doing it all. We build high performing, self-organized, cross functional agile teams that operate with minimal hierarchy. Information Technology team members hold self and others accountable and live and breathe the tenets of autonomy, mastery and purpose.
Who You Are
The Data Analyst will have a diverse set of responsibilities supporting the design / build of data platforms that enable revenue generation, operational execution, reporting, strategic analysis and next generation Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. You will have the opportunity to leverage your data analysis and design skills to help Guaranteed Rate deliver upon the organization’s Data Strategy and Data Management Program. You will work cross-functionally across departments and enhance existing data platforms and build new information infrastructure that helps the business uncover insights, make clear visualizations, tell compelling stories, and drive action and outcomes. The ideal candidate is action-oriented and leverages their experience and academic training to pragmatically tackle complex data problems, including addressing regulatory obligations. The Guaranteed Rate Data Office engages with a diverse array of stakeholders including both business and technology teams. The Data Analyst will deliver data platforms that help the organization realize data-driven decisions and operational optimization.
What You Do
- Analyze customer data to develop actionable insights to drive customer behavior and operational efficiencies
- Partner with Technology and Data Engineering resources to design, build and implement data platforms in support of analytics, reporting, marketing, operations, etc.
- Conduct root-cause data analysis to identify patterns and trends
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Deliver data-centric process improvement both individual teams and cross-organization / multi-stakeholder projects
- Assists delivering the design, development, and maintenance of databases, data marts and dashboard tools; Orchestrates data quality / integrity improvements for critical data elements
- Support strategic projects related to new product deployment and customer-level aggregation deliverables
- Support Marketing data extracts, campaign execution including segmentation analysis. Provide observations and business context to deliver meaningful insights to business leads related to campaigns/offers
What Makes You a Perfect Fit
- 4+ years of progressive professional work experience building data platforms; expertise supporting/executing reporting & analytics, including working in teams of data analytic resources
- Experience and a working understanding of data profiling tooling and data analysis methodologies to understand data quality and identify data concerns
- Expertise with campaign execution tools and business processes, including data integration and data extraction processes
- Advanced understanding and proven experience using data management concepts, data normalization and ETL development
- Experienced building presentations with actionable insights
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills to present and explain data strategies, data deliverables and data analytic insights
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven experience with on premise and cloud-based data solutions (SQL Server, Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake), data modeling, metadata management, database design/build/implementation/management and data visualization tools/platforms
- Sound understanding of data governance concepts
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, or R
Other Useful Details
Other Useful Details
80,000-100,000+ Bonus and/or Commissions
Remote* or Chicago-based