Cyber Security Curriculum Writer at Thinkful
Cyber Security Curriculum Writer
Remote, United States
Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Thinkful is launching a new cyber security program which aims to be the best in-class remote, part-time cyber security program offered today. As part of this effort, we’re looking for a cyber security subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You’ll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, code assets, assessments, learning objectives and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of cyber security. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Create daily lesson plans
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Creates curriculum checkpoint content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform.
- Creates code assets to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content.
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- Create and field lab exercises that reinforce and develop student skills in areas that correspond with learning objectives.
- Collaborate with Instructors, and Instructional Designers, to create, maintain, and improve course content and learning experiences
- Define, enhance, and deliver data-driven learning experiences
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods.
- Evaluate new tools, packages, and tutorials for use in the curriculum.
- 3+ years of hands-on cyber security industry experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in cyber security
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You’ve got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
At this time we are unable to consider contractors in CA, MA, NJ, WA OR.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you’re talented and driven, please apply.
Requisition Number: 4195
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!