Customer Support Senior Associate at Empower Finance
Customer Support Senior Associate
Remote in US or Mexico
REMOTE – US
FINANCE AND STRATEGY
Remote, Mexico or US
(Bilingual in English and Spanish)
Empower is a fast-growing fintech based in San Francisco. We’re on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. Our mission started in the US, but we recently launched in Mexico, our first international market. That mission takes creativity, passion, and drive.
Are you in?
Empower is looking for its first Customer Support Senior Associate in Mexico. Your role will be key to shape the customer experience and help develop customer support procedures to get the company ready for scaling in Mexico. You will be supporting our customers by providing customer-focused assistance, handling customer inquiries on a daily basis, and helping with enhancing the customer experience at Empower. In addition, you will escalate leading trends and drivers and engage proactively with the team to help with improving both the product and the customer experience. You will work as part of a small cross-functional team within the company that is exclusively dedicated to the Mexico operation.
What Empower Offers
- Competitive salary
- Technology expense reimbursement
- Work from the comfort of your home (you can be based in Mexico or the US)
- Equity package
- Work on the frontline of the business: support calls, chat, and emails from our users
- Develop and establish customer support procedures for a recently launched product
- Resolve a customer’s issue with active listening and knowledge of our products and services
- Collaborate with the team to resolve problems and deliver a top-notch customer experience by working on various customer support-related projects
- Become knowledgeable of any pain points in Customer Support that our customers or team members are experiencing
- Advocate for customers from within the organization and drive changes that can improve their experience
- Create a seamless support experience for our customer base
- Fluent written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English
- Work authorization in Mexico or in the US
- A BA/BS degree, 6+ months in a customer support role (a plus if within a fintech company or in Mexico)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language
- Demonstrated passion for the customer experience and the ability to solve problems with a short turnaround time for customers while maintaining a high level of empathy
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and globally
- Availability on some weekends and holidays when needed
- Expertise in Google Suite
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!