Customer Support Manager (German & English) at komoot
Location: Within Europe; 100% Remote
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have numerous times listed us as one of their Apps of the Year!
Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Do you enjoy guiding users to the right solutions? Do you find investigating tricky issues satisfying? Have you ever been told you explain solutions clearly and can do so in writing too? If the answers are ‘yes,’ we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an outstanding Customer Support Manager to join our easy-going but incredibly efficient support team. You’ll assist our users with questions and technical problems, help them get the most out of the product, and work on projects to improve the customer support experience. You’ll often be the first point of contact for our customers and will also represent their voices internally. After all, the happiness and satisfaction of our users have always been central to our mission — you and the team play a crucial role in how our users perceive us.
What you will do
- Support our users via email as well as answer their questions on all channels (tickets, forums, App Store reviews)
- Understand what users want, organize their ideas, and write adequate help documentation for them
- Identify and address common user queries and concerns by analyzing user feedback and data and implementing strategies to improve the customer experience
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our customer support processes by identifying and implementing process improvements and automation opportunities
- Handle technically complex and/or escalated cases
- Work with developers and QA to find and solve critical bugs in the wild
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with outdoor fans and help them to have great experiences
- You’ll be the voice and the ear for our users and have a significant impact on our community
- You’ll work on a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player in a highly motivated and talented team. You’ll feel challenged to learn and excel in your domain continuously
- You’ll improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your outdoor adventures
- This is a remote role in a fully remote team. You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A beach, the mountains, or a co-working space (covered by us)…
- You’ll travel with us (when covid restrictions allow) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You’ll be successful in this position if you
- Have outstanding communication skills in German & English (C1-2); any other languages would be a great asset (mainly Dutch, French, Italian, or Spanish)
- Have 2+ years of experience working in online or tech support, and you love it
- You’re an excellent written communicator, enjoy producing help documentation, and can win frustrated users over with your excellent writing skills
- Experience in writing and editing technical content for a help center or similar resource
- You know how to identify and report bugs, and you can break down technically complex problems into simple explanations
- You are happy to work during the weekend
- Proven track record of improving customer satisfaction and reducing contact rate
- You learn quickly and enjoy deep diving into technical issues and solving them.
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, well-organized, and able to handle several tasks at the same time
- Have a passion for outdoor sports, apps, and technology
- You get bonus points for having previous experience with Trust & Safety topics
Some of our Perks
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone.
We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants. We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online, it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?