Customer Support Associate at Section4
Customer Support Associate
Section4 is on a mission to deliver elite business education for all. Since early 2020, the best minds in business have taught over 10,000 students strategic frameworks that have upleveled their thinking and accelerated their career – all this without the friction of business school applications and at a fraction of the cost. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced education startup making a meaningful impact in the world, join us at Section4.
We are looking for problem-solving, tech-savvy, adept communicators to be our Customer Support Associate. You will be responsible for directly supporting our customers at all points in their Section4 journey — pre-purchase, in-sprint, as alumni/members, and beyond. You’ll become an expert on Section4 products and ensure that our customers get the most out of their experience by empathizing with them, identifying solutions, and collaborating with internal teams to remove friction.
This is a remote position based in the US. This position reports directly to the Customer Support Lead.
What you will do:
- Dig into problems and provide timely, accurate, and personalized solutions to Section4 customers via email, Slack, and occasionally phone or screen share.
- Develop expertise in our sprint products and platforms (i.e. Freshdesk, WordPress, ActiveCampaign, Slack, Eventbrite) and troubleshoot a diverse range of customer issues.
- Attend and introduce yourself in large orientation meetings with students.
- Identify and surface trends and process improvements with the product delivery team.
- Reproduce and document bugs, act as the voice of the customer to internal teams to seek resolutions.
- Maintain and update our learning resources, frequently asked questions, and knowledge base to memorialize common issues and improve the accuracy and speed of the support we provide to customers.
- Work with your teammate to provide support to customers on weekends and holidays. (Very light support that is currently a morning and evening check-in but could change in the future.)
Who you are:
- You have 1+ years of experience in a SaaS customer support/service role or have helped resolve customer issues (i.e., working at a help desk) including software issues and company processes concerns.
- You have experience using ticketing software like Zendesk, Salesforce ServiceCloud or Freshdesk.
- You have experience learning your role and excelling in teams that are in its early stages and do not have written processes or formal training yet.
- You have a track record of helping train coworkers, build process documentation or own other team-building activities.
- You are an articulate communicator, especially in the written English language, and enjoy crafting clear messages to customers.
- You enjoy diagnosing customer issues quickly and are motivated to find and offer solutions to suit their needs, even ones you haven’t heard before.
- You have a great sense for when to be proactive and take action and when to escalate and wait for direction.
- You have connected with people from different backgrounds and are eager and patient in explaining solutions to customers at all levels of technical proficiency.
- You don’t mind jumping on the phone or on a video call to make sure a customer’s needs are met.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You are passionate about social impact and our mission to make elite business education more accessible and affordable; experience in EdTech is an added bonus.
- You can work a 6am-3pm or 7am-4pm ET shift after training. Training will consist of several weeks working a 9am-6pm ET shift.
- You have experience working with the following systems or similar: ActiveCampaign, Eventbrite, WordPress, Stripe, Slack.
- You have experience providing white glove support.
- You have had operations experience in reconciling and tracking customer data sets across multiple platforms
- You have helped to customize a Customer Success operations platform that includes a ticketing function and knowledge base (e.g., ZenDesk, FreshDesk, LiveAgent)
We are zealous servants.
We show up because we believe in our mission to serve our students.
We are calculated risk-takers.
We achieve greatness through experimentation and winning (or failing) fast.
We are owners of our work.
We own our commitments and help our teammates do the same.
Who we are:
At Section4, we believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!