We’re a software startup in Portland, Oregon. Bidsketch is a web application used by over 1,000 happy customers, and we’re looking for someone to help us provide amazing customer service.
You can view our website here: https://www.bidsketch.com/
This will be a part-time: Monday through Friday, about 3 hours a day. We’re flexible with whether those three hours happen in the morning or in the afternoon.
Also, this is a work-from-home opportunity, so you just need to have a quiet place to work, reliable computer, and internet connection.
Job details and compensation:
- Part time (about 3.5 hours daily)
- Flexible schedule
- $13 to $16 per hour
- Completely remote
- Two weeks paid vacation first year (three weeks paid vacation the following years)
What We’re Looking For
Most important thing: You need to love people and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). We can teach most everything else (as long as you’re comfortable with computers).
The main thing you’ll be doing: Answering customer support questions through a help desk system and recording help tutorials. You’ll need to do one extra 30 min check-in for support emails to respond to in the morning if you choose to work your 3 hours in the afternoon, or the other way around if you choose to work in the mornings.
Some other key duties you’ll be helping with from time to time:
- Scheduled calls with customers and helping with questions they may have (on Skype mostly)…usually happens a few times a week.
- Screensharing or video calls (so you’ll need either a built-in video camera on your computer or one you can add to your computer).
- Creating short support or instructional screencast videos.
- Writing/editing help guides and creating help videos.
- Doing customer research (includes phone calls to interview existing customers).
- Online marketing research and analysis.
- Writing/editing newsletters and blog posts.
- Testing our web application.
No experience is necessary in any of the above, but it’s definitely a plus if you have experience in any of those areas.
Skills and experience you should have:
- Extra friendly and patient
- Excellent ability to communicate (both written and verbal)
- Microsoft Office/Word (or something similar)
- Customer support (or customer service)
- Be comfortable using computers and ability to do video calls if necessary
- Able to learn quickly
- Detail oriented
- Friendly (again) and good with people