Title: Customer Success Manager
Location: Anywhere US
Pantheon is the WebOps (website operations) platform for agile web teams running mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Our cloud platform powers over 200,000 websites and serves over 10 billion monthly pageviews. Developers, marketers, and IT can focus on the business results of their websites while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scale, and security. Customers include Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
Our core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. As people, we value individuality, humor, and hard work, balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open source communities and have real relationships with many of our customers and partners. Our marketing team leads the company in sharing our message far and wide from testing landing pages and messaging on the website to running awesome events around the world. That’s where you come in!
Pantheon is seeking a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join the company’s Customer Success Team. Reporting into to the Director of Customer Success and working cooperatively with the Sales, Support, Professional Services, Documentation, Product, and Engineering teams this person will help our customers realize their business objectives through the use of Pantheon’s platform. You will build an understanding of the customer’s needs and proactively help identify ways in which they can interact with Pantheon to increase their productivity and results.
Our CSMs partner with our enterprise sales team and the client to successfully onboard to Pantheon and work to ensure our customers are getting the most value possible from the platform. Working directly with our largest customers and partners, you will support their growth and provide a knowledgeable, responsive and a personable main point of contact during their entire lifecycle. In this role you will deliver quarterly business reviews that include detailed information about platform use, site health, best practices, and opportunities for early access to platform features. Ultimately, this team partners with our Account Managers and together, responsible for retaining and expanding our current customer relationships, as well as fostering goodwill and positive advocates throughout the Pantheon customer-base and larger community, which can come in the form of partner referrals, testimonials, and case studies.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Ensure an exceptional experience for our customers and partners by understanding their business objectives and helping to drive adoption of core functionality.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with your customers by building a program vision and providing value throughout the customer partnership as they deliver on their program roadmap.
- Engage closely with the Program Lead and Executive Sponsor at each customer, as well as other strategic leaders that influence the direction of the account.
- Act as the voice of the customer internally. As the steward of the customer relationship, a CSM works cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure a consistent and strong customer message is embedded in our processes.
- Identify and forecast expansion opportunities and partner with Sales to successfully close such opportunities.
- Creatively analyze and drive adoption within the customer base, including engaging departmental leaders who are utilizing the solution well as well as those whose adoption is lacking.
- Diagnose risks and take action to solve or mitigate such risks.
- Identify key customer advocates that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, references, etc.
- Monitor and achieve group KPIs including but not limited to: renewal %, upsell %, monthly active usage, and CSAT.
- Turn every customer and partner into a Pantheon champion and lifetime Pantheon customer and advocate.
What You Bring to the Table
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3- 5 years of success manager experience in technology
- Working knowledge of Git and the command line and familiarity with Drupal or WordPress
- Proven track record in managing clients, client retention, and growth
- Solid communication skills with the ability to manage tough conversations in a professional and solution-oriented manner
- Salesforce or similar CRM systems proficiency
Bonus points for:
- Existing Pantheon champion or very familiar with the challenges of website management
- Experience with continuous delivery and agile workflows
Cool Stuff You’ll Get in Return
We have all the usual benefits and perks you’d expect from a high tech company, but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team. And oh yeah, some other things to note:
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Kombucha on tap and omg…did you say there’s ice cream is in the freezer? (HQ)
Pantheon complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.