Customer Service Coordinator at Oatly
Customer Service Coordinator (Remote)
- NEW YORK, NY HQ or REMOTE, US
- SALES – RETAIL
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Customer Service Coordinator to join our team. This role will be responsible for customer service to the Retail Channel. Reporting to the Customer Service Senior Manager, this role will work collaboratively with internal partners and retailers such as Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Kroger and Albertson’s.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- End to end management of order fulfillment including receipt of orders, input into Oatly systems, transition of information to key supply chain partners and customer confirmations/revisions.
- Utilize your knowledge of the ins and outs of CPG to become familiar with typical ordering cadence, products and amounts so that you can proactively identify misses in incoming customer orders
- Identify issues with timing, pricing, and items to head off any delays in shipping or errors that would occur on backend invoicing.
- Develop relationships with external customers by setting expectations of timeliness, accuracy and diplomacy in your communication.
- Be a knowledgeable resource to the sales team on incoming orders, opportunities and challenges
- Advocate for the Commercial channel internally to the Operations team as it relates to short and long term growth (calling out Demand vs Supply inventory gaps, timelines, changes to timelines on new product launches, etc.)
- Drive resolution of customer-related issues with internal/external business partners
- Ensure accurate & timely order processing to meet customer requirements
- Identify gaps in reporting that would add value to internal partners and create solutions to deliver upon the gaps.
- Identify efficiency opportunities and lead implementation of supply chain policies with key customers, including order size minimums, lead time adherence and work to mitigate customer fines
Here are the things we think you need:
- 2-5 years of experience in a Customer Service role in a CPG company (consumer packaged goods)
- Exceptional communication skills and calmness under pressure
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Problem solving and analytical. Make it happen mindset
- ERP & Spreadsheet Proficient
- Experience working collaboratively with other departments – Finance, QA, Transportation, Commercial, Account Sales, Planning, Community Management, etc.
- Flexible to changing priorities and comfortable thriving in a remote environment
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and an employee discount to stock your fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!