Customer Experience Associate
We’re looking for a Customer Experience Associate to help SuperHi create the best customer experience before a student signs up to a course.
ROLE: Full Time
We make online courses and tools that make learning new skills easier. SuperHi’s mission is to give creative and curious people the tools and techniques to bring ideas and work to life online.
We think that education should be accessible to all, whatever your financial situation; that we won’t know how good technology can be until everyone has equal chance to participate; that diverse backgrounds and experiences working in the creative industries is crucial; that complementing whatever you’re good at with new skills is a clear advantage; and that learning should be practical, fun as well as stress-free for the best chance to make it stick.
We think that we should all work harder to ensure skillsets are distributed representatively in the creative and tech industries. We’re proud and humbled that our current students are 51% female, 1% non-binary and 48% male from a wide range of backgrounds and nearly eighty countries. They make amazing sites and we also get better learning outcomes because we’re online-first.
We’re a proudly remote team with people located in New York, London, Toronto, and Dundee.
As our Customer Advocate, you’ll help our community with support issues and questions potential students have pre-signing up. As a member of our support team, you should be a great problem solver with high empathy skills. You’ll create and update support docs like articles and FAQs, copywriting, how to talk to students as a brand, work closely with Adam (COO + Marketing) on seeing where students are coming from, look at analytics and Intercom to help better inform how to assist potential students on their pre-signup journey. You’ll provide ideas for creative solutions to help support students and reduce questions.
- 1+ year experience in a customer experience or customer support role
- Experience with Intercom or other customer support platforms, such as Zendesk, Drift and Freshdesk
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written). Communication skills in other languages is a plus
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to carry our brand tone throughout all communications and social media channels
- Obsessed with creating amazing experiences for customers
- Passionate about helping people learn
- Experience with writing articles or blogging
- Excited to support a global community to learn new skills together, online
- Self-motivated & self-managing with exceptional time management skills
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Experience working remotely in a cross-functional team
- Exposure to a combination of startup and larger environments
- An understanding of front-end code, UX, design and/or digital marketing
- **We’re looking for someone within timezones UTC-7 and UTC+2 so your working hours overlap with our current team members**
- Answering Tier 1 level customer support – these are general questions about our courses, what we offer, helping students figure out what course they should take, how to get set up with a payment plan, student discounts
- Create and manage FAQs and other support docs
- Assist with copywriting and how to talk to students as a brand, using our Brand Voice + Tone Guide
- Issuing course completion certificates using our template to students that request them
- Document ideas from the community and team into the backlog & icebox
- Track results, provide insights and make recommendations
- Being open to supporting other areas, such as marketing and community management (we’re a small team so often help outside our core specialisms)
Who you’ll work with:
- Adam Oskwarek (COO) you’ll be reporting directly to Adam and work with him to organize and setup the perfect system from potential and current students
- Rik Lomas (CEO) you’ll be working closely with Rik, our CEO, to help integrate brand voice and tone across new features and courses
- As a remote team, we adhere to a similar style salary system to Buffer’s salary calculator
- We offer health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- We offer a stipend to get a workspace local to you if you prefer not to work at home
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Company provided equipment (laptop, screens, standing desks, etc)
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome anyone of any gender, race, sexuality, ability, background, age, etc. to apply. Diversity and inclusion is very important to SuperHi our students come from all walks of life and our team should reflect that too.