Customer Engagement Specialist at Brightwheel
Customer Engagement Specialist
- DENVER, AUSTIN, OR REMOTE
- CUSTOMER SUCCESS – SUCCESS
Our Mission and Opportunity
- Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact.
- Brightwheel’s mission is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market.
- Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
- Based in San Francisco, Denver, and Austin, along with fully remote team members, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused.
- Our exceptional investor group includes Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, and Mark Cuban.
- We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be.
- We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who we are
- We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe.
- Based in San Francisco & Denver, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and children.
- The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, and Mark Cuban.
Who you are
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping our customers succeed.
- You are a people person who loves being on the phone. You are always curious and eager to dig in to understand someone’s challenges and needs.
- You are a problem solver who can figure out ways to help our customers get more value.
- You get excited when you get to work with tricky customers and always challenge yourself to turn their frowns upside down.
- You are excited about working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals and processes evolve every day.
- You are comfortable owning customer adoption and retention goals. And you’re passionate about technology and improving the world through education.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that all customers continue to get exceptional value from brightwheel and stay customers for a long time
- Call, email and text our current customers and assess their engagement level with brightwheel
- Deeply understand customer needs and drive deeper engagement with brightwheel through training, adoption of additional features (including driving towards Closed Won on upsell features), engagement with our online resources, and more
- Lead check-ins and negotiations with customers up for renewal
- Act as the “voice of the customer”, providing input to Product and Engineering teams
- Partner with teams across brightwheel, including Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to build out our full Engagement team and approach
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- 1+ year of sales or retention experience
- Comfort with a high volume/velocity sales approach
- Proven track record of hitting/exceeding goals and quotas
- Experience with various CRMs for sales/account management (e.g., Salesforce)
- Exceptional skills identifying customer challenges/solutions and overcoming objections through tenacity, patience and endless empathy for our customers
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Experience in a dynamic startup environment and/or a desire to experiment & evolve processes
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!