Customer Content Editor at Human Interest
Title: Customer Content Editor
Location: US National
United States, Remote
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We’re looking for a meticulous, collaborative writer to join a fast-moving team that delivers resources and content that reinforces the value we deliver to our customers. You will play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective knowledge base and will have a direct impact on our customers and our employees day to day.
What you get to do every day
- Craft and write external-facing assets to 1) shape an exceptional customer experience, 2) demonstrate the value we deliver to customers, and 3) communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Connect internal and external users with who we are, why we’re different, and why we’re better than the competition. That means a focus on all things content maintenance, including:
- Create and maintain internal and external content for small and medium-sized businesses and their employees as well as for our employees
- Ensure product details, regulatory language, etc., are accurate and up to date
- Build and optimize processes, procedures, and documentation/materials
- Collaborate across the organization with stakeholders, service teams, trainers, curriculum developers, and subject matter experts to develop and support new and existing features, and services, including developing consistent formatting, creating, and writing articles
- Work with internal stakeholders (Content, Comms, Product, Customer Onboarding, Compliance, Program Management, Enablement, etc.) to ensure content is effective and ultimately addresses customer issues
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm (common channels include email and Support Center)
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in content creation and/or editing, including talk tracks, sales collateral, copywriting, customer communications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, business, marketing, English, or similar
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills with demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts fluidly to different audiences and add in messaging and positioning that drives home our value to customers
- Independent worker, comfortable working in a fast and complex environment; organized and able to effectively manage a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail – rarely making typos, spotting duplicated or missing words, and redundancies
- A strong, collaborative work ethic, proactively following up with stakeholders and keeping them on track
- A self-starting attitude and desire for learning new programs and systems, and widening your knowledge base about the retirement industry and our product
- Experience working with 1) Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, and/or other service tools, and 2) content management tools; bonus for experience with Contentful, Highspot, etc.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission – Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Compensation – The salary range for this role is between $110,000 – $120,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates’ skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.