Curriculum and Instruction Online Assessment Specialist at Generation: You Employed
Curriculum & Instruction Online Assessment Specialist
About Generation: You Employed
Generation is a global employment program that serves disconnected learners of all ages. Our mission is to transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people in life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. Our vision is a meaningful career and sustained well-being for every person anywhere in the world.
We have a training and employment methodology that we believe can serve hundreds of thousands—and eventually millions—of unemployed and underemployed people a year. And we’re proving that this methodology creates real business value for employers, and lasting career impact for participants—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Generation is an independent non-profit founded by McKinsey & Company.
Generation began operations in 2015. As of today, Generation has had 35,000+ graduates globally. We have programs for 26 professions in four sectors – healthcare, technology, customer service, and skilled trades – being run in 100+ cities across our thirteen countries (US, Spain, India, Kenya, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, Italy, UK, Australia, and Pakistan). Generation is now the largest global ‘train and place’ employment program by annual graduates and is the fastest scaling. Our job placement rate is 80 percent within three months, and 68 percent continue to be on the job one year later. Most of our graduates are in jobs that place them at or above the 50th income percentile for their national youth peers and are registering income increases of 2-6X what they were earning prior to Generation. Cumulatively, they have earned over $135M in salary to date. Many of our graduates use this income to support the well-being of their families (siblings, children, parents); nearly 55 percent of our graduates are female, and 40 percent of our students have dependents. We have over 3000+ employer partners across our thirteen countries. Nearly 85 percent of our employers say that Generation graduates outperform their peers; and, 84 percent of our employers would hire Generation graduates again. In 2018, Generation won the prestigious WISE Award for global education innovation.
Each Generation country has a local entity with a local governing board; and, each local entity has an affiliation agreement with Generation’s global entity. The global entity provides the local entities with both program technical support (e.g. curriculum and instruction, recruiting, partnerships) and back-office support (finance, human resources, contracts). Generation has 300+ staff across its global entity and local affiliates.
We are seeking a talented Online Assessment Specialist to serve as an expert in assessing technical and soft skill mastery, with a focus on online education programs. This individual will work closely with our global Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) team along with our Data and Impact team to improve the quality and consistency of our program’s assessments.
This role is a great fit for someone with significant experience with assessment design for online programs and experience monitoring and evaluating educational outcomes across large groups of learners. The ideal candidate loves to learn, is passionate about innovative workforce training models, and is excited to be part of a growing global education organization.
This is a remote role and we are open to hiring highly qualified candidates from any geography. Access to reliable WiFi is a must. Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years of experience in supporting learning and evaluation in an education environment, with a strong preference for workforce/skills training
- Expertise in assessment design principles and best practices, with a strong preference for individuals with experience measuring and assessing soft skills (behavioral skills and mindsets)
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative educational data collection and analysis; data management and analysis; measurement theories including a clear understanding of data validity and reliability.
- Knowledge of modern developments, trends, principles, practices and theories in education and educational assessment, accountability, or evaluation specialty area.
- Expertise in developing assessments for diverse learner populations, including learners with disabilities or limited language proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest technology in online learning assessments and understanding of how to apply assessment best practices within online programs
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including strong report writing and data visualization skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a global team that work across cultures and timezones
- Strong project management skills.
- Passion for effectively assessing learner mastery/proficiency and a clear understanding of how to do so in various situations
- Professional demeanour, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and strong attention to detail
- High degree of independence and experience with self-management, takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the program without guidance
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation staff from various geographies and functions
- Willingness and excitement to work across team boundaries and geographies
What you will do:
The Online Assessment Specialist will be an integral member of Generation’s Global Curriculum & Instruction team. This individual will collaborate closely with the Data and Impact team and will liaise with the in-country operations teams to help refine, design, and implement best practices to effectively assess learner proficiency across all programs. While Generation has significant assessment infrastructure, including a thoughtful framework for assessing behavioral skills and mindsets (soft skills), this individual will refine and revamp the assessment methodology in a way that ensures consistency across programs and effective measurement and monitoring of learner performance. Moreover, as the development of online programs is accelerated, this individual will ensure that each new program utilizes the latest online assessment technology. Finally, this individual will directly support curriculum design teams to develop assessments that are most relevant and effective for their specific content and learner populations.
Collaboratively revamp Generation’s methodology for assessing technical skills and “soft skills”
- Building off the existing assessment infrastructure, revamp the methodology for assessing technical skills and soft skills (behavioral skills and mindsets)
- Develop and rollout tools and frameworks to support both the global C&I team as well as the on-the-ground program team in assessing skill development for various professions
- Develop and rollout tools and frameworks to support both the global C&I team as well as the on-the-ground program team in assessing the development of soft skills (behavioral skills and mindsets)
- Seek for opportunities to continuously improve the methodology for assessing learners
Serve as the assessment specialist for all new online programs
- Oversee the implementation of innovative online assessment technology
- Consult program design teams to ensure new online programs utilize effective and structured assessments that enable effective monitoring of learner proficiency during programs and effective program evaluation at the culmination of cohorts.
- Partner closely with design teams throughout the development of new programs as questions and concerns arise related to the assessment of technical skills and soft skills.
- Utilize data-driven, learner-centered assessment to promote continuous improvement in learning and instruction within online programs
- Provide assessment-focused training and ongoing professional development opportunities for C&I staff.
Manage projects and stakeholders across functions and geographies
- Collaborate closely with the Data & Impact team to improve our ability to track and monitor learner progress continuously for online programs
- Align with Generation’s Digital team on the process for automating assessment data lifts from our LMS to the various reporting tools
- Collaborate with country operations teams as necessary to review and improve the assessments within specific programs
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!