Creative Services Manager at Lightboard
Creative Services Manager
- Seattle, WA, USA or Remote, USA
Lightboard.io seeks an additional Creative Services Manager to join our small team.
Our Creative Services Managers run the show: they’re the primary point of contact for our customers and guide our team of designers to deliver quality results efficiently and effectively..
This role is part account management, part art director, part therapist–and all about delivering great design for our customers.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to huge brands like 3M, Autodesk, and GitHub, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don’t need full-service creative agencies—they’ve already developed their strategy and need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that’s what Lightboard does.
About The Job
At Lightboard, we don’t have Creative Directors or Account Managers. Our Creative Services Managers directly engage our customers and manage projects with our design team. They handle projects from brief to budget, first round to final files.
Our typical customer is a B2B marketing manager. She and her team set the pace with content marketing, ad campaigns, and landing pages—while keeping the sales team powered with presentations, case studies, and eBooks.
She has an established brand, and needs help maintaining quality and pushing the brand forward. But she doesn’t have enough in-house design resources—she might even need to open up InDesign herself every once in a while—and that’s why she needs us.
For our customers, we’re their go-to service for all things design. From a spot illustration to a conference booth to a new website, we’re their first call. Our business is built around relationships. We reliably deliver quality work, on-time, every time. We own our mistakes, fix our problems, and always do our best to do the best for our customers. And they stay with us for years and hundreds of projects.
Each customer receives a dedicated Creative Services Manager; we match accounts based on personality and specialization. The relationship starts with a discovery call, continues through planning the first quarter of a Membership Contract, and then builds through the execution of projects big and small.
This role covers a lot of ground—from account management to art direction to actual design—and we recognize that it takes a special combination of experience to do it well. The ideal candidate will have worked as a designer, managed other designers, and directly engaged clients on planning, budget, and execution.
How it works:
- Full-time, remote position. You can be anywhere in the United States.
- Guide clients through allocating their quarterly budgets and creating briefs.
- Work with design team and clients on deliverables and deadlines.
- Nurture first-time customers into long-term clients.
- Manage 10 to 20 clients and 3 to 5 designers (freelance and staff).
- Typical client contracts are $5k – $50k over 1Q to 1Y, with high retention.
What you need:
- Hands-on experience with design, and excellent visual fluency.
- Ease directly engaging clients, planning schedules and budgets.
- Grace managing designers with diverse skill sets (layout, illustration, web).
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills.
How to know if you’re a great fit:
- Dedication to quality of craft in all things.
- Attention to detail so acute you’ve found three typos in this post.
- Entrepreneurial drive to make a direct impact on the business.
- Your first instinct, when faced with an upset customer, is to hop on a call to work through the problem.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Excited by new beginnings and solving problems.
- Exhaustive knowledge of modern marketing platforms.
- Enormous collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
We are a 100% remote team, primarily based in Seattle.
Why Lightboard might be a fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full health and dental benefits.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!